“Nice, Clean & Good Service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
EARLY BOOKING - UP TO 30%
Ranked #104 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Lisburn
“Nice, Clean & Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Although the hotel is a good distance out of the centre and in a business district it is easy to get into the centre. There si trams 5-7 minutes away but we found the Metro quicker and easier. It was only about 7 minute walk to the Metro station OverAmstel and 10 minutes into the Amsterdam Central. The hotel puta on a canal boat into the central Amsterdam each day at 10am for €5 per adult and €2.50 per child. Cheaper to go by Metro but easier if you are going to the Anne Frank House, as it stops near there. We enjoyed the hotel and breakfast was great, excellent choice and tasty. Rooms were fine, nothing special but warm and comfortable (we were there in December). Any issues we had were very minor but solved very quickly and with a helpful attitude. I thought it was good value with easy access to the centre of Amsterdam.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
RvanVliet, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. Your feedback is very important to us as we try to improve our services every day.

It is correct that we are located just in the outskirts of Amsterdam, but in retrospect the public transportation is fairly close by and in walking distance. Next to that we offer our guests the possibility to rent bicycles and even a Vespa scooter. This means of transportation allows you to see more of the city.

Recently we have introduced the boot trip to the city centre. The boat leaves every day at 10:00 and will dock at the Anne Frank house. A nice way to start your day in Amsterdam.

Next to that I was pleased to read that the room was up to your expectations.

I can recommend you to have a look at our loyalty program Le Club Accorhotels at our website. We offer various deals to our loyal guests throughout the year.

I hope to welcome you soon in our hotel again and again thank you!

Robert van Vliet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Noosa, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Stayed at this property in early October and after a few mishaps with the room key having to be reprogrammed three times we finally made it to the room. The rooms were big and relatively clean (altough a spring clean wouldn't go astray) it had all the facilities you needed.

The staff were somewhat "hit or miss" - sometimes they were friendly but other times they weren't. Didn't really bother us as we only stayed one night.

Overall location and room facilities good and I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir / Madam,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was about to spend a nice weekend with a friend in Amsterdam and we booked this hotel. Unfortunately my friend's father suddenly passed away the evening before our trip so obviously we could not make it there. I called the hotel, explained them the situation and asked for a date amendment or a refund and I was told as I booked the room last minute they are not in the position to accommodate my request. I mean, seriously I have never in my life seen such terrible, heartless customer service, shame on them. Not even willing to do something, totally careless.
I have not stayed in this hotel, but even if I got the chance, would never come here, there attitude is disgusting.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Have been here i 4 nights and had a pleasant stay. The hotel is nice situated just out side the busy city center but the tram and the metro is just nearby. The cleaning is not the best I we seen. There has been leftovers from breakfast on the trays in the hallway out side the room all day. The staff was informed about it but did not do anything about it. The water won't go out of the sink but again that don't seem to matter to the staff.
The breakfast buffet is fantastic though and all in all I've had a great stay in this fantastic city but there is something that could be better.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

As the General Manager of this hotel I am very proud of our breakfast buffet. It is in my believe that we serve one of the best breakfast buffet in Amsterdam. Especially due to the extended range of our breakfast products.

I hope to welcome you soon in our hotel again and again thank you!

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Exceptionally fast and service-minded staff in the reception and hotel but, strangely enough,unbelievably slow kitchen service on most occasions during a longer stay. Fresh and well planned rooms, free wifi throughout the premises. Relatively close to the airport with taxi.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RvanVliet, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City. It is important for us in order to improve our services towards our guest. It was unfortunate to read that your stay was not up to your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies for that.

I will address your comments about the quality of food to our Operations Manager in order to prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns and we will do our utmost best to prevent future occurrence. I hope to welcome you again in the Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City.

Polmont, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We booked this hotel in alpha rooms for a great price.
The hotel itself is just outside the centre and easily accessible via the metro lines. We used gem daily and if you are in Amsterdam for 3 days or more, you would be better getting a 3 day pass, it works out a lot cheaper.
We were staying on the 11th floor overlooking the canal that the hotel is situated beside.
We were bed and breakfast and the breakfast was great. There were plenty of options to choose from including a cooked breakfast and cereals, fresh juices and pastries.
Our room was large and bright. We had a lovely bathroom area too.
The staff were very friendly and helpful,at all times.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RvanVliet, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City, responded to this review, November 21, 2013

Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

just back from a long weekend. Hotel is well located near to plenty of bars and restaurants. The hotel was very clean and staff were great. The hotel room was fairly small and the bathoom was also small(no bath). Our room was situated next to the lift so there was noise during the morning.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir / Madam,

Regarding the room, if the room is not up to your expectations please contact our quality manager who is available 24/7 and he or she will do their utmost best to give you a suitable solution. I would have hoped I had the opportunity to provide you with another room.

Robert van Vliet

Been to Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City? Share your experiences!