“Very nice!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #111 of 350 Hotels in Amsterdam
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Very nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed there for a week, the room was on the old building, but the apartment had a bathtub, and all was very clean, the room was excelente, big, very nice!
The hotel is good for conventions, and conferences.
Just one point I listen the guests complaining about the elevator, that has no capacity to support the number of the guests in the peek times, and to be fast enough. Someday it tooks 15mins waiting in the 22 floor. Its not in the city center, but not too far. The breakfast are marvellous, some attendants in the front desk are very polite and prestatives,
I really enjoyed my stay there!

Room Tip: Get a high floor room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
RvanVliet, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Robert van Vliet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Riihimaki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our family stayed here for two nights. Beforehand we had requested a room somewhere from the new part of the hotel. Our request was heard and the rooms were located in one of the top floors. The hotel is located quite far from the city centre. Though it's simple to take the tram there. Breakfast was excellent! The selection of the food was huge. The rooms were comfortable with nice beds, tv and big bathrooms. The staff was friendly!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir / Madam,

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. Your feedback is very important to us as we try to improve our services every day.

It is correct that we are located just in the outskirts of Amsterdam, but in retrospect the public transportation is fairly close by and in walking distance. Next to that we offer our guests the possibility to rent bicycles and even a Vespa scooter. This means of transportation allows you to see more of the city.

As the General Manager of this hotel I am very proud of our breakfast buffet. It is in my believe that we serve one of the best breakfast buffet in Amsterdam. Especially due to the extended range of our breakfast products.

I can recommend you to have a look at our loyalty program Le Club Accorhotels at our website. We offer various deals to our loyal guests throughout the year.

Carlisle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Apparently 4* this hotel is well situated man has clean comfortable rooms. Our room was small but had all we needed. Only used it to sleep in but air con was a bit noisy. Didn't have the expensive breakfast as it would have cost about £15 each. Noted free coffee in the logia during breakfast hours so that would have been a bonus if we had sussed it out in time

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

haarlemmermeer
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Last November we stayed with a group in the Novotel on Europaboulevard and now with the same group in this hotel. And now the Mercure. Interesting location at the end of the high way and within walking distance of a subway station.

Public places were spotless and even the smokers areas were clean. Checking in was quick and to the point. A mix up in the group reservation took a few minutes to clear up but it was done well. Staff at reception set the tone for the rest, friendly, professional, taking their job seriously. I asked for an extra blanket to put over my feet (I'm very tall and they stick out) and was warned that someone might be in my room when I got up there. Service was not that quick but it was close.
Lobby and especially the bar look a lot more inviting than they did in the Novotel. The bar was cosy and actually offered more room that you'd think at first glance. Good selection of whiskey, poor selection of beer with only Heineken and Palm on draught, I would have liked to see a drinkable lager. A coffee machine were you can grab a free coffee to go is a nice touch.

My room was also spotless including the easy to miss higher areas and under the beds. Two oversights in maintenance, the bathroom door didn't close fully and the thermostat on the shower really needed calibrating. Rooms look and feel modern.I had a privilege room which means a kettle, nespresso machine and a few free softdrinks in the mini bar. Room is not very big but certainly big enough. Here we also had the big issue with hotels in the Accor group and the main point that keeps me from rating this as excellent. The Accor hotels insist on using synthetics in their bedding which means an extremely hot duvet and me waking up absolutely soaking.

Dinner was a group affair but quite good. What shows skill to me is if you have to serve a dozen pieces of veal at the same time and they're still pink in the middle. It wasn't very adventurous but it was good food done well.
Breakfast was a varied selection of what you'd expect and in ample supply. Only thing I failed to spot was soup for the Asian guests even though there was a bus load of Koreans. It can be rather crowded when there's three busses of tourists wandering around finding breakfast.

Our meeting room was set up well even though they got a standard chair that's not comfortable for more than 90 minutes. Still, the acoustics were so much better than in the Novotel it was a pleasure. Extra extension cords arrived within minutes of us asking for them. Only real problem that took half an hour to fix was our room getting part of the audio presentation of the next room. Hotel supplies snacks in the morning and afternoon to keep you fresh and activated.

I like this place, I'd recommend it if the location works for you. It's run well and has some good staff working there. The only thing keeping me from rating it higher is the fact that I always wake up soaking wet in a Mercure or a Novotel because of their duvets and pillows.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir / Madam,

I was pleased to read that the room was up to your expectations.

BAHRAIN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were here in Mid March and saw rain, snow and a very little of the sun. Took a cab from Amstelveen train Station ..quite near but still cost 10euro. Now you can imagine how much a ride into town would cost.

Anyways .. we are here safely and proceed to checkin. No queues and are attended to immidiately.Would have given it 4 stars except for the careless behavior shown by the checkin staff. States to us that they have upgraded us to privilige floor on the 8th floor bla bla and recited the range of facilities for a good 5 extra minutes to a already tired traveller. We reach the room and find no drinking water, no slippers as told earlier. So call the reception and am told that is it was an upgrade, these items were removed from the room and i can drink the water from the tap ..its safe. What a nerve ... Ignored their antiques and planned our first trip into town as the temperatures went sub zero on the wuthergorund. Decided to use the tram, nice 10 minute walk but please stick to the walking path as there are many cyclists. Tram 25 from President Keneddylan was our lifeline during the trip as it passes through heineken experience and make connections to other parts as rembrandplein and museumplein a breeze.
We also tried to the metro from overamstel which is a shorter walk but a bit more scary proposition in the night.
Breakfast was super ....included in the rate of 94eur a night for 2 people .. a great deal. Loved the big orange juice machine and fresh dutch produce.
Overall a good stay ..

Room Tip: Get Rooms in the new tower, or upgrade to privilige as they are a bit more spacious.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Robert v, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

Our location is most of time a deciding point for our guest. The easy access, close to the city centre and the Amsterdam Rai makes this a perfect location.

We are getting a lot of positive feedback about the breakfast, especially about our freshly squeezed orange juice.

I will address the miscommunication to our front office manager in order to prevent future occurrence. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

i was stayed here last month, located in quiet area near Amsterdam RAI, I have no problem because only stay for one night, good and helpful staff, good bar provide my favourite Belgian BEER, good breakfast with many food variety , rooms very modern and looks new, wifi is excellent and free of charge. near the lobby you can find a snacks vending machines , even you can buy lebara sim card with this vending machine. good and reasonable rates, will be happy to come back someday.

Room Tip: higher floor has a better view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Robert van Vliet

Been to Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City? Share your experiences!