“Pay for parking” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #110 of 343 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Pay for parking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I was very disappointed to discover when I arrived that there was a cost of 22 euros per vehicle per night, I used this facilty for the first of my three night stay only. The reception unfortunatley decided for me that I had intentions of parking every night and charged me for the three nights. I Had not noticed this mistake until after I had checked out.

Also, not very happy with the bar staff, I had travelled with a group of work colleagues, we each set up a tab for our rooms, but the staff incorrectly managed each tab and we had to to settle it after between us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Robert v, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is important to us in order to increase our service level.

We offer our guests a parking fee of €22.00 which is in line with other market prices.

It was unfortunate to hear about your problems with your bill. I had hoped you would have addressed the problem during your stay as they could have been quickly resolved.

I hope to welcome you again in the Mercure Hotel Amsterdam aan de Amstel for your next visit to Amsterdam.

Robert van Vliet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Breda, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Location is in a industrial/offices area. great when that's your intention. Less when you want to visit Amsterdam. Rooms are very modern and cosy, small but efficient. Everything you need is availibel in the room. Unfortunately our fridge didn't open and the friendly staff didn't manage to open it either. Diner was nice, breakfast very extensive and luxury, worth the price.
You have to pay for parking your car on the fenced parking (Eur22,--)
Be warned, when your room is on the frontside, and you like to habe your windows open, there is a lot traffic-noise!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. Sharing your experiences enables us to improve our services towards our guests. We are located in the outskirts of Amsterdam but with several transportation options it is very easy to access Amsterdam.

I will share your comments regarding your restaurant experiences with my team who will be enlighten to hear about your positive feedback.

It is correct that the hotel is situated just next to a road but we have made precautions to ensure that our guests experience as little inconveniences regarding noise. This due that fact that we have noise cancelation isolation in the hotel.

I hope to welcome you again in the Mercure Hotel Amsterdam aan de Amstel

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Very nice hotel but quite a way out of town, however it is a quick train trip into the centre of town and the station is only about 15-20 minutes walk from the hotel. Very nice room with great views (we were up high). Free wifi, which is a must nowadays. Dinner and breakfast was very good, with good choice for the breakfast. If you was a easy stay in Amsterdam though it is a bit far out for the average traveller.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sir / Madam,

First off al I would like to thank you for your feedback. It enlightens me to hear from guests who enjoyed their stay with us. Every day we strive to go beyond the point of expectations of our guests. In your case I believe we succeeded.

We are located just in the outskirt of Amsterdam and fairly close to public transportations. Next to that if you would like to easily access the city I can suggest renting a bicycle with us or a Vespa scooter.

As the General Manager of this hotel I am very proud of our breakfast buffets. It is in my believe that we serve one of the best breakfast buffets in Amsterdam. Especially due to the extended range of our breakfast products and fresh orange juice.

Next to that I was pleased to read about the positive experience about our Wi-Fi. In 2011 we renovated the total Wi-Fi system in order to improve speed and efficiency.

I hope you will choose the Mercure Hotel Amsterdam aan de Amstel during your next visit to Amsterdam.

Manchester, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

As you know accommodation in Amsterdam can be a little on the pricey side. The mercure hotel breaks the mould of get-what-you-pay in Amsterdam. For £70 advance rate per night I was extremely pleased with the hotel. Its on the edge of the business district but only a 5 min walk from Overamstel station and when you step off the metro you can see the hotel so you know where you're going - no problems there!
The rooms were of ample size and the showers were massive. A safe provided for all your travel gadgets and cash the people I travelled with all had exactly the same opinion I did so clearly a good level of consistency - something I really like!
A friend used the sauna and said it was good!
The staff are all professional and there is a lovely themed bar in the lobby. This hotel obviously doesn't compare with the high end brand hotels but, having stayed in Amsterdam once before and paying far more for far less, I don't think I'll want to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: There are two blocks to this hotel - "old" and new. I stayed in the "old" and it...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to read about your positive experiences at the Mercure Hotel Amsterdam aan de Amstel.

I will share your comments with my staff who will be delighted to hear that yet another guests is satisfied with their stay. I can recommend you to have a look at our loyalty program Le Club Accorhotels at our website. We offer various deals to our loyal guests throughout the year.

I hope to welcome you again in the Mercure Hotel Amsterdam aan de Amstel.

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed here for two nighrmts. wonderful hotel. Very friendly receptionists. Nice food in the restaurant.
Breakfast rich and tasty.
Roons very comfortable and large.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. It is wonderful to read about your positive experience at the Mercure Hotel Amsterdam aan de Amstel.

I was pleased to read about your good review regarding the breakfast. We are getting a lot of positive feedback about the breakfast, especially about our freshly squeezed orange juice.

These compliments will encourage our team to keep the service level high. We are looking forward of welcoming you again in our hotel.

Yokneam, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Disclaimer: I usually don't write bad reviews.
The room was okay, but so would a two star hotel anywhere in the netherlands will, right?
The breakfast is outragously expensive, I have eaten breakfast in a #1 ranking hotel for less!
The hotel is located fat from the city center and should have said so somehow,
There is no public transportation anywhere near, a good 15 minutes walk is required.
The hotel is situated in the middle of nowhere, which means you canot walk to a restaurant or anything else.
If you park outside you have to pay the city, but only during working hours, if you use the hotel parking they charge more than the city (why?), which means you might as well park on the curve.
When I received my parking ticket the clerk in the reception almost burst in laughter like saying "you should have parked inside"
But overall it cost me less (!) than it would parking in the hotel.
We ordered a Double + extra bad and got three small beds suitable for children.
Which is not what you would expect from a hotel like this.
The elevator, was so courded which meant the stairs for us (14'th floor) everyday,
Luckily for us we're in good health.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I was disappointed to read that your stay was not up to your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies for that. At Mercure we strive to provide the best service possible towards our guests. In your case this was not possible.

We provide a private parking space next to the hotel and unfortunately we are not responsible for the parking spaces in front of the hotel. However, our reception staff should have had a professional and service orientated attitude towards you. Please accept my apologies for that and I will address this towards our front office manager.

Despite your unpleasant stay I hope to welcome you again in the Mercure Hotel Amsterdam aan de Amstel and we will do our utmost best to serve you as best as possible.

Robert van Vliet

Been to Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City? Share your experiences!