- Close to airport and downtown
- Excellent food - breakfast and lunch were superb; dinner left something to be desired but we were on a set menu. I had the vegan option and I got something that can best be described as spaghetti with Barbeque sauce (not edible). The rest of the food looked amazing though. Best vegetable soup I've ever had.
- Meeting space was fantastic.
- Nice welcome present of cookies
- Great view from room of canal; very picturesque
- Rooms could do with a refresh
- Bar staff very slow
- Coffee breaks weren't that great - one coffee machine manned by a waiter, queue took forever, not many options
- Pillows too soft; couldn't get comfortable
- A/C didn't seem to work consistently; I'd wake up either freezing or unable to breathe in a horribly stuffy environment. I ended up opening the window, despite pouring rain, just to get some proper circulation.
- Amenities replaced sporadically; also not the greatest offering
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City is an entirely non-smoking, modern 4 star hotel. Situated in the south of Amsterdam, close to the Amsterdam RAI Event Centre and just 15 minutes away from the centre of Amsterdam. The hotel is close to the A2 and A10 motorways and just 15 km from Schiphol Airport.The hotel offers modern rooms, free WIFI-access, a breakfast restaurant L"Ambiance,a la carte restaurant La VOC, a bar, 14 meeting rooms and leisure facilities including a modern fitness centre, sauna and steam room ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Venere, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Amsterdam