“Great staff and very clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre

You added Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre to your Saves list
Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nieuwezijdskolk 19, 1012 PV Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Centrum)   |
Ranked #77 of 354 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Great staff and very clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We've spent 2 nights at intell city centre. It was joint birthday trip. We arrived just after 9 am and got checked in immediately which was amazing. We requested quiet room and got one on the top floor overlooking courtyard/breakfast room. Decor is a bit dated (textured painted wallpaper) but that's about it on the downside. 5 mins after check in we got a knock on the door and got a birthday surprise from the hotel. Happy again.
Everything spotless, staff extremely helpfull, made several suggestions that turned out to be great even though we've been to amsterdam several times before.
Obviously location is great. Breakfast plentiful with fresh juice and even bubbly if you feel like it. King size bed comfy.
Recommend.

Room Tip: We had top floor corner room facing into a courtyard. Very quiet but no view. Also not too hot due t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Saskia K, Sales Coordinator at Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! It sounds like you had a fantastic time and I'm so glad that we could accommodate you during your joint birthday trip. Thank you for complimenting our housekeeping and reception staff. This is very much appreciated. We really appreciate you taking the time to review the Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre. Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Sales Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This hotel is well located, within walking distance of central station and most of the attractions of central Amsterdam. The room was nice enough, the king sized bed was great and the staff are super friendly and helpful. Free wifi is handy and there are a number of bars and restaurants right outside. There is also a Nespresso machine in the lounge area although coffee is 2 euros.

Stayed July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with our comfortable beds and that you found our staff super friendly and helpful. We aim to make every stay a success through our colleagues and I am extremely pleased to read that we were able to show this. You'll be surprised at Inntel Hotels. I will be sure to share your comment with the staff and hope to see you again in our hotel.

hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This is a great hotel for visiting Amsterdam. It is close to the station and all of the major attractions. Room was air conditioned, breakfast was excellent and staff could not be more helpful.Rooms and bed was large for Amsterdam and finished to a very high standard.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back require using two different lifts
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. I have just read your 5-star review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We like to visit Amsterdam every year or two, and so over the years have stayed in quite a few hotels, guesthouses and apartments. This was out second time staying at the Inntel Amsterdam Centre, and we have been very satisfied on both occasions. The rooms are never going to have amazing views, due to its location, so the fact that we had a room at the back of the hotel meant it was very quiet and relaxing. In fact, the location of the hotel is one of its attractions - it is very central, but not on a Dam Square or a busy street. The room was spacious clean and simply and stylishly modern. All the public areas and the breakfast room are immaculate, and it has the coolest carpeting of any hotel! We found the price compared very favourably with most of the other large hotels we'd stayed at in Central Amsterdam, and felt that actually you got more for your money in terms of space and comfort than many. The tariff we paid this time included breakfast, and it was certainly worth it. The buffet style breakfast was extensive and there was such a wide range that you could choose to have a completely different breakfast each day.

Dear guest,

We are sincerely grateful to you and the time you took to write this gorgeous review of your Inntel Hotels experience. It looks like you had a wonderful time! That couldn't make us happier! Great that you have included our extensive breakfast and that you have enjoyed it every day differently due the wide range. We hope to welcome you back again soon for the third time. Thank you again, you've truly made our day.

Bangkok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I'd stayed only 1 night in this hotel for heading to the central station in the early morning.
The location is good for this reason. We can walk to central station in 10 minutes.

I got the room on 5th floor which located in the back wing of the building, needing to change the elevator to reach this part of the building. This is not so convenient but acceptable.
Furthermore, there's A/C in the room which is important for summer weather, very hot during the day. The room itself is quite ok and clean, however, a little bit older than it's shown in the photos, there are edequate amenities and toileteries in room.

Two days before I arrived the hotel I emailed the hotel asking if I could leave my luggage in the hotel's storages room for a couple of days, since I will travel to Belgium and it would help a lot if I don't have to carry the luggage along with me the whole trip. I would be happy to pay if there is any extra fee for this but this is free of charge as the hotel's reply. I do thankful to this favorable service.

There's an awkward situation when I was back to hotel to pick up my luggage, the porter (different porter from the day I left my luggage) at that time asking how could I left the luggage without paying any fee at least I should pay some amount. I have no problem to pay but this should be informed properly and let me know the fee in advance since I did ask. I said I'd been informed there is no charge. When I was about to proceed to the counter to ask the receptionist again this porter immediately said this is ok in order to stop me from rechecking the info. This was the only weird thing I was encountered. It is perhaps personal behavior of a staff. Apart from this, I would say the hotel is quite good at reasonble price recommended for its central location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments on your recent visit to our hotel. Feedback is important to us and will help us to continually monitor our consistency and areas for improvement.
Your generally positive observations on our staff and room features are truly appreciated.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconsistency with regards to the storage of you luggage. Please note that this issue have been addressed to the responsible manager. It is correct that storage of your luggage is free of charge even though it was for a couple of days.
Looking forward to welcoming you back again at Inntel Hotels.

West Dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife & I stayed here 13-18 July. Hotel location is perfect, just a 10 minute walk from Amsterdam Central Station and 5 minutes from Dam Square. Immediately outside the hotel are several bars / restaurants providing a variety of dishes to suit most tastes from breakfast at half the price offered by hotel to evening dinner. The hotel is spotlessly clean and the room (ours was 2209) was excellent. Check in to departure was handled efficiently and we found the staff very pleasant and friendly.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Inntel and would gladly stay here again should we return to Amsterdam.

Dear guest,

Thank you for being our guests from West Dorset and for taking the time to write this review.

I am very glad to read that your stay was an enjoyable one and that you found our location to be perfect. I greatly appreciate your kind comments about our staff and am glad that we could be of service. It is very rewarding when our guests take the time to let us know they are pleased.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We came for 6 nights and had a wonderful time. Everything was good - the location (shops, restaurants, tram station, Dam square, Central Station), the room (executive type), the free in-room wifi, the front desk service and even the breakfast which was the same everyday but varied and delicious.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room with a view on the street and a higher floor - less noisy.
Dear guest,

It was with great joy to read out your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Perfect start to our day and smiles on everyone's faces. Thank you so much for staying with us for 6 nights. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!