“Clan and handy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre

Save Saved
You added Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre to your Saves list
Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nieuwezijdskolk 19, 1012 PV Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Dam Square)   |
Ranked #66 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Fredericton, Canada
“Clan and handy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

This hotel has some great pros and cons.
Let me start with the pros:
1) it is huber-clean: housekeeping deserves the Nobel prize. Literally, I walked in my room on socks (and I would never do that anywhere but in spotless, private homes);
2) is walking distance from the Central Station and yet is not in a sketchy spot as it could be. For someone who, like me, walked around charged like a mule, it was a perfect ending of a long trip;
3) it is silent and you can really sleep like a baby; let me add that I saw personally the receptionist scalding a small group of fellows who gathered in the reception room around the fireplace and were load (and lousy). She asked them firmly to be quiet as people may be sleeping. it was 11 AM. I loved her instantly as she gave a clear sign of the ongoing policy of quiet and respect.
3) Receptionists and service are courteous and helpful.
The cons:
1) a bit pricy for what it is; it qualifies for a 100-120 Euros at the max but it charges 50 euros more;
2) breakfast is insanely expensive;
3) some of the surroundings are sketchy and you feel like you don't want to walk around alone; it is not the hotel's fault, I mean, there are bunch of young fellows from all over Europe who land in Amsterdam to blow their aheads away. The closer to the RL district, the easier to find situations.

I think I would have given a better rate if the prices were just a bit lower. I would certainly recommend this hotel or come back if available at a deal price. It is really a gem in such a location.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Saskia K, Sales Coordinator at Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for you review. What a honor to win your Nobel prize for housekeeping! We are very proud at our housekeeping staff and of course have I forwarded your review to them. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you another time in Amsterdam and our hotel.

1,823 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

If you love Amsterdam, you love its idiosyncrasies, that's what makes it, well, Amsterdam! And the Inntel fits the bill perfectly, with its 1970s retro chic (or is it original?) the eerie photographic artwork that adorns the walls of the hotel (and lift!) with the strange eyes that follow you as you walk along the corridor, to my room, that was obviously built as a single, (by the size of wall behind the bed) and the three-quarters bed that stuck out from it, and was billed as a "double" room! The triangular wardrobe (how is that supposed to work?) and the fact that the hotel is in two separate buildings, so you have to get a lift to the second floor, walk over a bridge link, and then up another lift! But you can't fault the location, or the service at the hotel (although the check out took a little longer than would have been wished, but that was the rush of guests leaving just before the deadline).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Saskia K, Sales Coordinator at Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in Amsterdam and our hotel. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. I hope to see you again the next time you visit our area!

Loveland Co
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We enjoyed the welcoming fireplace in the lobby, and the location which was walking distance from the train station. The hotel staff was helpful and the room was comfortable. We thought the breakfast was too expensive so never had it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the hotel comfortable and our staff helpful. I hope to see you again, the next time you visit our area!

Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I'm back from AMSTERDAM and I stayed one night in this hotel on Saturday, November 30; I had booked a deluxe room.
The staff at the reception is very friendly and cool. But we do not have the same concept of luxury.
I paid 160 euros for a room which is at the level of a very basic hotel.
A decoration with lousy photos, bathroom small and white without design. lots of noise in the corridors and the poorly soundproofed walls.

Fortunately, it was clean.
I will not come back in this hotel, too expensive , too big, charmless for his performance.

NEXT !!!

Room Tip: i don t know .. but not mine .. lol
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor. We aim to make every stay a success through our colleagues and I am extremely pleased to read that we were able to show this through the reception and housekeeping. I am sorry that we did not live up your expectations with our Deluxe Room. We still hope that we can welcome you next time you visit Amsterdam.

Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is a great place to do some city hopping, I was able to get a great price and the hotel did not disappoint. Everything was in walking distance, a very safe neighbourhood in the middle of Amsterdam. The hotel is easy to find, its clean and the rooms are quiet.
We had a superioir room and it was a good size.
The staff was very friendly, but when we asked for a nice sushi place they sent us to an all you can eat. Maybe they are just not sushi fans...

I would return, but I would not eat breakfast there again, it is just too outrageously expensive, even though it has a nice selection.
i recommend the hotel and would return.

Room Tip: We had a courtyard view and it was super quiet to sleep. As well the superior room was big enough.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comment you posted on this website. We are happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel and found it save and clean. When you would to do some shopping again in Amsterdam we are happy to welcome you at Inntel Hotels.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Great location you can walk to it from the Train Station.
Clean rooms ,bathrooms and free wifi.
Staff were really friendly and helpful esp with directions it is easy to get lost on those small streets
A nice little bar downstairs with a fire to warm up after walking around. There are a good range of places to eat close by. The breakfast was a normal buffet I think a little over priced next time I will check out a few places for some tasty waffles.

Room Tip: If on the second floor and you like to sleep in then get a room a little further from the breakfast...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Saskia K, Sales Coordinator at Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear swissheidi2006,

Thank you for the comment you posted on this website! We aim to make every stay a success through our colleagues and I am extremely pleased to read that we were able to show this. I will be sure to share your comment with the reception staff and hope hope to see you again in our hotel.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Hello Fellow Travelers, I stayed at this property on September 24th, 2013. The location is great and is smack in the middle of downtown Amsterdam. The metro station is two blocks away also. The rooms are not modern nor are the bathrooms. It's not bad though. For the price, what can you expect? You are probably less than a 10 minute walk from the famous RL district- that is IF you can find your way back without getting lost (get what I mean?).

For my next stay, I will venture somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tom S,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community. Nice to read that you have enjoyed Amsterdam and the central location of our hotel. We hope to welcome you again the next time you visit The Netherlands.

With kind regards,

Sales Coordinator

Been to Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre? Share your experiences!