This hotel has some great pros and cons.
Let me start with the pros:
1) it is huber-clean: housekeeping deserves the Nobel prize. Literally, I walked in my room on socks (and I would never do that anywhere but in spotless, private homes);
2) is walking distance from the Central Station and yet is not in a sketchy spot as it could be. For someone who, like me, walked around charged like a mule, it was a perfect ending of a long trip;
3) it is silent and you can really sleep like a baby; let me add that I saw personally the receptionist scalding a small group of fellows who gathered in the reception room around the fireplace and were load (and lousy). She asked them firmly to be quiet as people may be sleeping. it was 11 AM. I loved her instantly as she gave a clear sign of the ongoing policy of quiet and respect.
3) Receptionists and service are courteous and helpful.
1) a bit pricy for what it is; it qualifies for a 100-120 Euros at the max but it charges 50 euros more;
2) breakfast is insanely expensive;
3) some of the surroundings are sketchy and you feel like you don't want to walk around alone; it is not the hotel's fault, I mean, there are bunch of young fellows from all over Europe who land in Amsterdam to blow their aheads away. The closer to the RL district, the easier to find situations.
I think I would have given a better rate if the prices were just a bit lower. I would certainly recommend this hotel or come back if available at a deal price. It is really a gem in such a location.