I booked a short staty at the Inntel Hotel, Amsterdam for New Year. The booking process was easy via Laterooms.com and the reservation was all ready upon arrival.
Getting to the Hotel is straightforward from Central Station, it is just 5-10 min walk down Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal (easier access than Damrak) on the left a few blocks down.
The hotel itself, upon arrival there is a good impression with very friendly and polite staff and a clean lobby leading to a bar/comfortable seating area with an open fire.
The room we had was on the second floor, accessed via a lift which requires your room card to call it. There were two sets of doors to the room, presumably to help reduce noise as it was next to the dining area and it worked! the room was extremely quiet we didn't hear anyone outside the room despite the hotel being fully booked. The next room had a family with some children and we didn't hear them either.
Rather unusually, the room had a couple of steps up to the bed area from the bathroom, this wasn't a problem although i could imagine getting up half asleep in the night (for the toilet) and forgetting could be a potential risk. I can only assume not all rooms have this feature.
The bed was very large and comfortable with bedside table and lights, the only note here is lack of sockets, there was only one at low level which the lamp used so not convienient for charging your phone and it was slightly worryingly loose on the wall. The room had a/c with climate control and a thermostat electric radiator on the wall as well and a couple of comfortable chairs, TV with BBC1,2,News amongst other channels, there is a wardrobe with pincode safe.
The decor was a little old in my opinion with a need to be spruced up but the room and bathroom were very clean. The only negative was the water pressure in the bathroom made for a very disappointing shower, there was also a bath which took a while to fill because of the pressure and the lighting in the bathroom was not great (2 recess halogen) leaving the bath/shower a little dark for bathing.
A nice touch was the quite extensive minibar fridge and snacks, although usual hotel prices there is a lot to choose from if you want something. Outside there are a wealth of small supermarkets, cafes, take-away's which are open very late.
For location, cleanliness and comfort I would consider staying again if the price was not so high as I had paid (though it was New Year).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visiting Amsterdam is a true experience. Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre is the ideal starting point for exploring the city. Located in the heart of Amsterdam at a traffic-free square between Central Station and the Dam, the hotel is within walking distance to the canals and all city highlights. Our 4 star hotel featuring stylish rooms and suites, provides free WiFi internet throughout the premises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and EasyToBook so you can book your Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre Hotel Amsterdam
- Golden Tulip Hotel Amsterdam
- Golden Tulip Amsterdam Centre
- Amsterdam Golden Tulip
- Hotel Tulip Amsterdam