My wife and I chose this hotel for our short honeymoon at the beginning of November. We had chosen this hotel due to its central location and this turned out to be one of the hotel's best features. Situated 5 minutes' walk from the Amsterdam Centraal train station, we were able to get from our plane seat to the hotel in under 90 minutes. There are lots of bars and cafes situated close by and the tram stop is at the end of the street.
The hotel lobby is very welcoming and the staff were very knowledgeable and friendly. The concierge was able to store our luggage for us until our room was ready and this service was free of charge. There is a bar that serves cocktails, which you can enjoy around an open fire. Free internet access and printing is also available in the bar, which was useful for printing boarding passes.
When we checked in, we were informed that we had been given an upgrade to a room overlooking the square out the front of the hotel. We had booked a Superior room, but were upgraded to a Business room. The lift to the rooms could only be accessed using the key card for the room, which was a good security feature.
Our room was amazing. As it was our honeymoon, the staff had made an extra effort and spread petals over the bed and given us a Mr and Mrs rubber duck each. This little touch really made our stay very special. The bed was possibly the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in. It was enormous and we could have stayed in it forever. The room itself had everything we needed, including tea/coffee making facilities, an iron and ironing board, a hairdryer and a very comfortable armchair. There was a good view out the front, as there was always something to look at as people walked past. The bathroom was great too, and the heated section of the mirror was a nice touch, meaning that a steamed-up mirror was never a problem.
I would most definitely return to this hotel and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Amsterdam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inntel Hotels Amsterdam-Centre is situated in the historical heart of the city. Within walking distance you'll find many shopping streets and department stores. Because of the unique location at traffic free square, we can guarantee an undisturbed goodnight sleep. All air-conditioned rooms are modern and warm decorated. Always need access to the Internet? The hotel offers FREE WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Agoda, Odigeo, EasyToBook, HotelsNL, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre Hotel Amsterdam
- Golden Tulip Hotel Amsterdam
- Golden Tulip Amsterdam Centre
- Amsterdam Golden Tulip
- Hotel Tulip Amsterdam