The Good: Closeness to Central Station is a plus, about a 10 minute walk. Also, the closeness to City Center, RLD, Damrak, Shopping, Restaurants is a very big plus. The housekeeping staff are very friendly when you see them in the halls. The rooms are spotlessly clean. Bed and linens are extremely comfortable. Good hot water, AC/Heat worked perfectly. The Bar is nice and relaxing in the evening to sit and have a Heineken and catch up on emails with the strong wifi signal. Bartender remembered what I ordered only after one visit the next night, nice. The concierge was friendly and helpful. The decor is modern and different, but I liked it. The room was incredibly quiet for being in the City Center. Getting a Taxi to the airport from the hotel is cheaper than flagging one down, you buy a voucher for 42 Euros from the front desk then they call and 5 minutes you have a Taxi.
The Not So Good: The elevator situation is a little weird if they put you in a room in the back of the hotel, actually another building. You go up 2 floors on one elevator, get off and go down a long hall to another elevator to go up to your floor. With that said, the elevators are fast and you don't wait more than a few seconds.
Hotel advertises Free Wifi in every Room, not true, being in the back the signal is weak and if you can actually get on you won't have a signal long, minutes at most, I'd say 90% of the time I tried to use it in my room there no signal. Very frustrating since I booked this hotel over another hotel like it because of the Free Wifi as I needed to keep up with work emails daily. Complaining at Front Desk will get you nowhere, they don't care.
Re: Front Desk Staff, some are grumpy and unhelpful especially at night, not all, most. The sign you hang on your door, one side says “Please Do Not Disturb”, the other side says “Please Clean My Room” Me being a bit of a night owl I like to sleep in, so I hang the “Do Not Disturb” sign on my door, every morning I get a call from the Housekeeping Supervisor asking me if I want my room cleaned. If I wanted my room cleaned don’t you think I would have hung the side that said “Please Clean My Room”? Maybe they don’t know how to read I guess. That was annoying since I said the 2nd time they called I don’t want my room cleaned if I have the “Do Not Disturb” sign on my door. They still called.
Upon checking out they tried to charge me for 7 days of breakfast which I never had breakfast one day there. She started to argue with me and said it says here you did, I said I don’t even eat breakfast kinda irritated and she quickly said there must be a problem with our computer, I’ll take it off. I wonder if that is just standard practice to charge you until you argue it.
Would I stay here again? Maybe, if I couldn't find a better one in the same location and rating. I liked the location, the clean rooms and the hotel itself. Just wished they wouldn’t advertise free wifi in every room when they know it isn’t. That is my biggest complaint. The other stuff I can live with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inntel Hotels Amsterdam-Centre is situated in the historical heart of the city. Within walking distance you'll find many shopping streets and department stores. Because of the unique location at traffic free square, we can guarantee an undisturbed goodnight sleep. All air-conditioned rooms are modern and warm decorated. Always need access to the Internet? The hotel offers FREE WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre Hotel Amsterdam
- Golden Tulip Hotel Amsterdam
- Golden Tulip Amsterdam Centre
- Amsterdam Golden Tulip
- Hotel Tulip Amsterdam