“Great hotel superb central location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Hot rate & 15% off dinner
Ranked #59 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
lincs uk
“Great hotel superb central location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stayed just before Christmas to enjoy the amsterdam Christmas markets and to take a canal cruise to enjoy the lights. Great hotel, very pleasant and helpful staff. Great room and a superb breakfast.

The hotel is situate just opposite central station, perfect to drop off your luggage on arrival too. Hotel is adjacent to the red light area and has lots of good restaurants and tapas bars nearby.

Loved our stay, will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor. There is street noise outside, to be expected because you are in a city. Def...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

1,613 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Turkish first
Seattle USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

This is a very comfortable place to stay in an excellent location. It is reasonable walking distance from Central Station (with luggage). We were given a room that faced some kind of parking area and had partially blocked window... Not the best view I'm certain. The beds were super comfortable and it was very clean. It lacked an in room coffee maker, which was sad at that hotel level. The lounge was a nice place to hang out with lovely bartenders. If you get a good booking rate, it's a very nice choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a nice view (meaning not of the back parking lot or an obstructed window).
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
HedwigLinden, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit to the Renaissance Amsterdam.
We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for taking the time to reply.
We will use your feedback to improve our services and hope to see you on another visit.
Kind regards.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed for long weekend end of November, nice, confortable, well located and helpfull staff. I had probably an old info details in my room and went i went for breakfast, they have stopped serving nearly an hour earlier. I went to complain at reception and showed the information in my room, they were fantastic and straight away got me a free breakfast in the restaurant.
My only issue is, the hotel is really "commercial". As i was having a fun weekend with friends didn't feel the atmosphere was good for me. And, no free Wi-Fi?? really, for the price you pay for!!!! Wasn't happy about that.....

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Gieten, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My third stay in this hotel was perfect, although I was there for only 11 hours before attending a conference the next day. A year ago I stayed on a lower floor room at the street site, which was noisy. I could even understand people speaking next to my room-window. This year the upper floor room was much better. Pros: quiet, fast elevator so no long waiting, good in-room lighting and a very comfortable bed; Cons: shower curtain in bath-tub (very clean though), very low ceiling. Th fitness room was clean with plenty exercise equipment and even cooling towels out of the fridge. The breakfast was very good, and that is what you might expect from a 5* hotel. It's hard for me to judge the value. Hotel prices in Amsterdam are high like many touristic european cities.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I love the location of the hotel. The location is very close to great shopping, resteraunts, central train station and historic sites. The concierge staff was amazing! I can not say enough good things about all of them. One concierge member, Casper, even walked me to a grocery store. Leo drew me so many maps and Leonard was great about getting me booked for a massage at Deco. The guest service lady Cynthia was responsive to all of our needs. I believe Michael checked us in and our room was ready early, thank goodness.

As far as our room, I was pleasantly surprised at the decent size. The beds were comfortable. TV remote is a little confusing. And you have to pay extra for tv, internet, music. etc. So get a package that includes those items or breakfast, or dinner discounts. We ate at Scossi for breakfast and Koepelcafe. Odette makes the best omelettes. Leonidis at the Kopelcafe treated us like royalty. Room service was efficient and good also. I agree with others that breakfast is expensive but it is so fresh and so many good choices. Just don't eat lunch is my advice!

I was very pleased to try this hotel here as we have stayed at the Hotel Pulitzer before. I liked this hotel much better. Cool vibe and lighting in lobby. We loved the tangerines at check in. Everyone was so friendly.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor and had an end room so it was very private.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

As my father booked me and my partner to go to amsterdam for the weekend it was my 21st and when on arrival one of the members explained we had it all included as we booked under the gold membership... When going to the 'cocktail hour' a lady on the desk told us as he wasn't there they refused to serve us. Annoying communication. Needs to be stated as soon as I walked in not as I was about to start my birthday celebrations.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Wonderful experience staying for one night on a stopover.
This is a new hotel with cutting edge design and decor. It is built into old buildings yet is seamlessly integrated. Heavenly beds, views of city artifacts, and all facilities in rooms, which a lovely but small.
Service was excellent. The small lobby was always teeming with people and every one appeared to be helped in a gracious unhurried manner.
The location can't be beat... A quick 5 minute stroll from the station and then a further 5 mins to Dam square. One minute takes you to tram lines to other parts of the city, museums are 15 mins away.
I know we will always stay here whenever we visit Amsterdam!

Room Tip: This is on a street with no traffic.... So an outside facing room will give you old city views witho...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel? Share your experiences!