“VERY GOOD HOTEL BUT GET A PACKAGE DEAL” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #57 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“VERY GOOD HOTEL BUT GET A PACKAGE DEAL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I love the location of the hotel. The location is very close to great shopping, resteraunts, central train station and historic sites. The concierge staff was amazing! I can not say enough good things about all of them. One concierge member, Casper, even walked me to a grocery store. Leo drew me so many maps and Leonard was great about getting me booked for a massage at Deco. The guest service lady Cynthia was responsive to all of our needs. I believe Michael checked us in and our room was ready early, thank goodness.

As far as our room, I was pleasantly surprised at the decent size. The beds were comfortable. TV remote is a little confusing. And you have to pay extra for tv, internet, music. etc. So get a package that includes those items or breakfast, or dinner discounts. We ate at Scossi for breakfast and Koepelcafe. Odette makes the best omelettes. Leonidis at the Kopelcafe treated us like royalty. Room service was efficient and good also. I agree with others that breakfast is expensive but it is so fresh and so many good choices. Just don't eat lunch is my advice!

I was very pleased to try this hotel here as we have stayed at the Hotel Pulitzer before. I liked this hotel much better. Cool vibe and lighting in lobby. We loved the tangerines at check in. Everyone was so friendly.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor and had an end room so it was very private.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

As my father booked me and my partner to go to amsterdam for the weekend it was my 21st and when on arrival one of the members explained we had it all included as we booked under the gold membership... When going to the 'cocktail hour' a lady on the desk told us as he wasn't there they refused to serve us. Annoying communication. Needs to be stated as soon as I walked in not as I was about to start my birthday celebrations.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Wonderful experience staying for one night on a stopover.
This is a new hotel with cutting edge design and decor. It is built into old buildings yet is seamlessly integrated. Heavenly beds, views of city artifacts, and all facilities in rooms, which a lovely but small.
Service was excellent. The small lobby was always teeming with people and every one appeared to be helped in a gracious unhurried manner.
The location can't be beat... A quick 5 minute stroll from the station and then a further 5 mins to Dam square. One minute takes you to tram lines to other parts of the city, museums are 15 mins away.
I know we will always stay here whenever we visit Amsterdam!

Room Tip: This is on a street with no traffic.... So an outside facing room will give you old city views witho...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Renaissance hotel, is a great choice for Business trips to central Amsterdam. The rooms are nice and modern and the bar area is very nice. The only drawback is the hefty price charged for breakfast apart from that it is a great choice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

The hotel worked really well from entry until we left. Modern decor and had a very warm feel to it. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the rooms spacious and well appointed. Centrally located. Cannot really find fault, plus the writing on the bathroom toiletries was large enough to easily read.

Room Tip: Probably better on a higher level. We were on one.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Great Hotel, Great Location and super friendly staff. Especially the Head Concierge. His name is Lournens. Extremely helpful and very very funny. Great personality. I had a minimum of 5 questions everytime I came down to the lobby and he answered everyone everytime, with a smile. All the front desk staff greeted me with a smile everytime I walked by the desk or asked a question.
thank you renaissance Amsterdam. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is a 5 minutes walk from the train station. We rented a family room with four full-sized beds that met all our expectations. Staff was really friendly and readily answered all our questions. The hotel is surrounded by several small restaurants so it is not necessary to eat in a hotel.
We mainly walked around the old city, visited the Van Gogh and the Riijks museums, and the Nemo. There was no need to use public transportation or taxies to get to them from the hotel. All in all, very good hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel? Share your experiences!