“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Pulloxhill, United Kingdom
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Good location less than 5 minutes walk from Central Station, stylishly designed, good service, great beds, well equipped (but very small) rooms.

Breakfast is great, but at 28 Euros it needs to be!

Overall, a decent standard, efficient chain hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Turkish first
Merida, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

4 Nights there. Nothing I could complain.
Pros:
- Best pillows and bed even experience, better bed sheets I had ever
- Very quiet neighbor. Good to rest and laid.
- Notable choice for breakfast, both american and european, even good enough for latinamerican people.
- Very professional frontdesk, quick check in and quick cheout, Also very professional maid staff.
- Close 2 (short) streets to the Amsterdam Central Station, 5 (really shorts) streets for Dam Square. Just for the record Dam Square is at 1 street away from the Red Light Distric.
- Close to nearby 2 good places to dinner: "The Silver Spiegel" (just crossing the street, requires reservations) and the "Five fliyings" (kind of 10 minutes walking distance).
- The back street of the hotel is the last block of the "Golden Street". That means you can get it there some kind of market, shopping souvenirs stores, coffee stores (they don't sell coffee), pizzas, and other sutff, just like a regular tourist street.
- Very clean. Spotless, Can't say other word.
- The temp system work really well. Even the shower.
- There is a "Navigator" at front desk. (We didn't used because we had TripAdvisor for Android). But seems to be able to speak at least 7 lenguages (including spanish)
Can do better
- Access to the B-wing. The people (We) who take a room in the 9XX rooms had to take 2 elevators and long walk to their rooms.
- The system of the minibar "can detect" if you take out the some stuff for more than 30 second. Please be aware.

Room Tip: - Ask for non B-Wing or 9XX room. There are 2 elevators and long walk from the lobby if you get that...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Derbyshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Five minute walk from the station this contemporary hotel is a gem. Knowledgeable helpful navigators offer local advice and city maps. Friendly staff. Clean spacious modern hotel.
Our room had a kingsize bed with the softest crisp linen and ample pillows. reading spotlights in addition to bedside lights a nice touch. Our room was larger than average, very spacious.
Dressing gowns and slippers in the wardrobe, as well as a safe iron and ironing board.a fully stocked mini bar and coffee and tea facilities in a separate area.
Please note that the mini bar works on some sort of a sensor.if the door is open too long you will be automatically be charged for something... Check your bill ! Also check your bill for added taxes eg city tax .. An unexpected extra.
We had a power shower in a double shower cubicle, no bath. Nice toiletries. Our bed was turned down and fresh towels provided and chocolates on the side on our return from dinner ... A nice touch ! Breakfast was buffet style from meats juices omelettes waffles coffees juice .... It was very good.
We had to check out at 11 but could leave our bags for collection later. We had a superb stay.

Room Tip: Room 221 no good views but lovely spacious room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have stayed at this property every year for the past 10 years or so, and I've always been treated like a VIP. This trip I was given a wonderful room overlooking the street and the church across the street that is used as a conference center. The front desk attendant went above and beyond to ensure I had the perfect room! The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get up each morning! I hadn't been to this hotel since last year, and the ladies in the concierge lounge remembered me from prior visits! This must be a great place to work since I see the same employees year after year. The breakfast in the lounge was very nice with different hot and cold foods. Plenty of fruit and yogurt to eat healthy. The afternoon tea was delighftul, and the evening cocktails and appetizers were delicious! The location is perfect, and this is my preferred hotel in Amsterdam. A huge shout out to guest services for making me feel extra special during my stay. A bottle of wine was delivered to my room welcoming me back. I received personal notes from the hotel manager and the guest services coordinator. On Sinderklaas day (5 December) a chocolate letter was placed on my bed for turn down service. Thank you for allowing me to celebrate the Christmas season with you! See you next year!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
durham uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is a lovely,well designed hotel,which offers modern stylishly furnished rooms,with very well informed,friendly staff. Breakfasts are high class,and have lots of options,and the facilities are outstanding,with the gym and club lounge really standing out! We'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel. Checked in on the 21st of November 2013 staying four nights. We could not have found a better location , hotel staff , or quality of hotel. We arrived there around 12N and with a little luck and extra effort by the staff our room was ready for us. We had a club level room with a beautiful view of the front street and looking out our window to the right, a view of the canal. We had a king bed that was so comfortable , it was difficult waking up in the morning. I would make sure you spend the extra cost for the club level rooms and all the perks that come with it. When I made the reservation I let the guest service rep. know that my wife and I were celebrating one of her special birthdays. The second night there we arrived back at our hotel and found a delicious Pumpkin Pie with a happy birthday note. This is hospitality at its finest. The front desk clerks and the concierge were extremely helpful and answered all our questions and also gave us suggestions on things to do and where to eat. They even made sure we knew that buying the museum passes at the hotel saved an unbelievable amount of time, and did not cost anything extra. On top of all this, they always had a treat to eat at the front desk, day and night (those four wonderful days they offered delicious tangerines) for the hotel guests. You cannot under estimate how great that location is, two blocks from the central station and close to everything else. I have stayed at other luxury hotels in Amsterdam but this is at the top of the list. Amsterdam is a great city to visit and staying at this hotel only enhances your Amsterdam experience. Two thumbs up to the staff at the Renaissance Amsterdam hotel. When I go back to Amsterdam, hopefully soon, I will only stay there.

Room Tip: There are a couple different views. Street view or courtyard. While the street view is wonderful to...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I recently stayed here for 2 days with a friend and the staff and the location are awesome. The hotel is a 5 min walk from Central Station and the staff is helpful and knowledgeable. Great dinner recommendations and the fitness center is fantastic. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel? Share your experiences!