“Short Spring Break in Amsterdam” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Amsterdam

You added Marriott Amsterdam to your Saves list
Marriott Amsterdam
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stadhouderskade 12, 1054 ES Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi For Members
Ranked #74 of 357 Hotels in Amsterdam
Orsett
“Short Spring Break in Amsterdam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We go to Amsterdam nearly every spring. Staid at the Marriott hotel in Leidsplein.
Overall good rather than excellent hotel when compared to other Marriott's we have used.
Clean but our bed had a sizeable lump in the middle. Bath robe,shoe horn not provided as standard. Staff very helpful and friendly. Could not get in at Mid Town grill on day of arrival - arrived late evening - not very pleased. Booked a table for Sunday night- service slow,food badly presented but good wine stock.There was a particularly angry and bad tempered bald waiter,must be in contention for worst waiter in the Netherlands. This man ruined what could have been a passable evening. This restaurant is not value for money.

Room Tip: Avoid the Mid Town grill,the Mid Town bar is very good.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Greatly located, fun place to stay in Amsterdam. The room and bathroom were a bit small, but I guess you have to get used to small rooms in Europe. The concierge lounge is excellent, if you can get access to it. Good breakfast, nice cocktail hour snacks and wine. The location is fantastic, can walk to just about everything. Rikjsmuseum and Van Gogh Museum are just a short walk away.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Good choice for a business-trip, nothing more. Quite convenient location, welcoming staff, clean (but small) rooms — nothing special, but very good in overall. I definitely wouldn't choose this hotel for myself, but as for conference attending this one is really great.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Ellisville, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

The first time that I stayed here was in 2010 for a week. I returned for another week because I love the location. My sister and I checked in immediately upon arrival at 1400. I requested a high floor with a Leidseplein view like previously. We were given a choice of the 6th floor immediately or to wait for a room on the 7th floor to be cleaned. We opted to check in immediately on the 6th floor. All of the staff that I dealt with during our stay was super nice, professional and accomodating.

The room was clean and spacious with a dead center view of Leidseplein. We had the room cleaned once while we were there. I can't give them 5 stars only because, despite the Do No Disturb sign placed on our door, we were disturbed our 1st and 2nd nights multiple times. Their excuse was because they were just checking to see if we were OK/not sick. The second night, they entered the room as my sister was trying to nap. However, this was quickly remedied after my concerns were expressed.

I didn't find the prices exorbitant. After all, its location is ideal. Bus 197 direct to Schiphol is across the street. It would be nice if Wi-Fi was free throughout the hotel and we did use the free Wi-Fi in the lobby. The ice water accented by orange/lemons/limes in the lobby is a cute touch! I'll be staying here, again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank GraceST
Westchester County, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

GREAT location!!! I had been concerned about being in Amsterdam for the first time and staying in a cookie cutter American chain. The Marriott Amsterdam was not that at all! Dutch staff, European design (including down duvet and square pillows.) We found all of the staff to be friendly, helpful and they got definitely get hospitality.

My first sentence is "great location," because that is one of the things that matter most. We could walk everywhere. We took the bus from the airport to a block away, and Leidseplein was just 2 blocks away, with an array of restaurants and shops. Our room on the 10th floor was completely quiet and I am really glad we spent our week there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ZoeChloe827
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Our three days and nights in Amsterdam were the last of a quick , lomdon , paris Amsterdam
Spring holiday with our 18 year old daughter. We had two rooms on the 8th floor , and enjoyed the breakfast buffet each morning. This hotel serves many business meetings and handles it deftly.
Food was excellent, location to anywhere in Amsterdam , vondel park, the museums easy walks
Just watch out for the bikes. We grabbed each other a few times off the bike lane, easy to get distracted, so pay attention.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank leformi
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This was the perfect location for our 4 day stay. It was within minutes of the museums and the tram stopped minutes away from the hotel. Right on the canal to take a canal tour and you could walk to several markets. The tram was easy to use. The concierge was excellent and at my service to call for a taxi to the airport, arrange tickets to the fantastic Keukenhof Tulip Festival or arrange dinner reservations. The breakfast was adequate. They do however need to get a second coffee machine as the wait was always so long. It was the first time that I needed to pay a surcharge with my "points" to reserve my room. It was lovely though overlooking the square.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the canal and square.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple