“Perfect location and well-run.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Amsterdam

You added Marriott Amsterdam to your Saves list
Marriott Amsterdam
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stadhouderskade 12, 1054 ES Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
15% off
Ranked #71 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
san francisco
“Perfect location and well-run.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Spent 3 nights at the Amsterdam Marriott on the way back to US from Sweden. I had been in Amsterdam twice before, staying at the Amstel. Based on previous reviews in tripadvisor we chose the Marriott this time. We were not disappointed.
While the Amstel is more plush (and much more expensive) the Marriott is closer to sites we wanted to spend more time - museums, gardens, etc.
Rooms were big by Amsterdam standards, beds were wonderful and clean. We were most impressed by the club room which offered real food at breakfast and cocktail hours - and a free-flowing bar with no costs. All in all tremendous value and great location.
Downtown Amsterdam over the years has become very congested - it was nice to be on the periphery.

Room Tip: Upper floors give better views - but despite being on a major roadway (we faced the Liedesplan) the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've stayed at the Marriott in Amsterdam on three separate occasions. Each time I was thoroughly satisfied with my experience. The staff is very friendly and the hotel is immaculate. If you pass a hotel employee they are certain to greet you with a smile and ask if you are enjoying your stay. As a Gold Member I was able to join the Executive Lounge. The breakfast is superb, cheese (Holland) fruit (Fresh), cereal, eggs and meat options (deli and hot sausage links or bacon). They have a barista machine serving up fresh latte, cappuccino, Americano or coffee. The evening service includes hors d'oeuvres, and two hot items. Followed by a dessert service. They have liquor, beers, wine and soda (with gas). If you like hot chocolate, they have Hotcemel (brand) which is now my family's favorite.

Room Tip: If you a gold member you must use the executive lounge. If you are not a gold member, consider addin...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Everything you would expect from a Marriott Full Service Hotel. This is also a great location for touring the historic parts of Amsterdam The executive lounge was one of the best that I've experienced. Restaurant, bar, and small store inside the hotel. Hotel is also right across the river from restaurant row and the casino.

Room Tip: Not a tall hotel, but the top floor has some good views. The best rooms are reserved for Gold or Pl...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Savannah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed at this Marriott for a total of 3 days. It is definitely in a great part of the city! Beautiful Vondelpark and the museum district is right next door. There is an abundance of great outdoor bars, cafes and restaurants across the canal at Leidseplein square. We took a canal tour at the Blue Boat Company which is near the hotel and is a great way to get introduced to the city. Everything is within walking distance. Be careful when crossing bicycle paths! We were more afraid of getting hit by a bike than by a car or train!

The hotel was very clean and comfortable. We had a single king room which was a nice size for a European hotel. The bed was very comfortable! Overall, the service was good. We tried the breakfast one morning in the hotel. It was good but a bit pricey. I would recommend that you eat somewhere else if you are watching your budget.

When we arrived, we took a train from Schiphol to Amsterdam Centraal train station and then took a cab to the hotel. For two people, this cost about 25 to 30 euros. For the return, the hotel recommended that we take a bus that picks you up within a short block from the hotel and drops you off directly at the airport for 4 euros per person. Not only was this less expensive, it was a lot easier! I would highly recommend this. The train is fine but you do have to tote your luggage up/down to the train platforms and wait in line for train tickets. Be careful, many US credit cards are not accepted at the train station kiosks and ticket booths. There is a good chance that you will need some cash to purchase your train tickets.

Overall, we had a great time in Amsterdam. I would definitely recommend this Marriott.

Saratoga, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I've stayed at the Marriott hotel in Amsterdam 3 times in the past 4 years and have the same experience each trip. The location of the hotel is ideal for exploring the city.

The rooms are clean, decent sized and my room faced an inner courtyard so was very quiet.

My breakfast was included with my room rate and was wonderful.

The Wi-Fi, though was ridicously expensive.

I also had a great experience with the service at the hotel. Anytime I needed anything, it was delivered to my room extremely quickly.

Would definitely stay there again. Great experience overall.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing courtyard on high floor if you are a light sleeper.
india
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last week on a business tour. I chose this hotel due to the location. Unfortunately the hotel did not live up to my expectations. There is no free wi -fi in the hotel and the charges for paid wi fi are exhoribant. The interiors of the room are ok and quite old. I stayed for 4 days and the tea bags were never replaced after the first day. I called up room service and after a lot of hesitation I was given 2 tea bags on day 2. On the last days had to call up reception thrice and managed to get the tea bags after 45 minutes. The person who brought the tea bags was quite rude and asked if I needed more tea bags, maybe 10 tea bags.

The breakfast was ok. While the location was convenient I feel there could be much better hotels at the same price. Nowhere did I feel I was staying on a Mariott property. Would do well to avoid this hotel.

Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

After completing a two week cruise, we chose to extend our stay in Amsterdam for a couple of days. This location allowed us to walk to just about every attraction that Amsterdam has to offer in the old part of the city. Seeing the sights, dodging bicycles and trams and walking our feet off - along with the excess poundage gained during the cruise, we had a great time. The hotel meets the highest levels of service and quality that we have come to expect from the many Marriotts we have stayed at around the world.

Room Tip: All the rooms are soundproof.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Amsterdam? Share your experiences!