If you need to go to an event at the RAI conference centre, you're jetting in from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, don't mind paying (and paying way too much) for WiFi, you can do no better than staying at this overpriced, somewhat tired and dark hotel. This hotel, which could clearly do with a spruce-up in the general areas and in the rooms, is with the Novotel across the road, the main convention hotel for the RAI. Not as modern and colourful as its neighbour, the dark-brown Inn has gone past its sell by date. Welcome at reception was friendly and efficient, the room (508) was OK but with two large beds too small to navigate around. Too much furniture we couldn't do anything with. The bathroom was OK too, but what hotel still has toilet bowls with continental shelfs? Flushing and showering wasn't exactly made a pleasure by the low water pressure. One good thing: a mini bar. Too many hotels do without them these days. How about a nice light decor for the bar and two friendly and efficient barmen in it? What really stunned us: 45 euros for 3 days WiFi where most hotels offer it for free. Mediocre hotel, great location for RAI, expensive for rooms and WiFi and drab styling. Enjoy!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Holiday Inn Amsterdam Hotel
- Amsterdam Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Holiday Inn Amsterdam located south of Amsterdam city centre is an ideal hotel for both business and leisure travellers. RAI train station is a 3-minute walk offering a direct 10-minute service to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. From RAI station you can also easily catch a metro or tram to Amsterdam city centre, both only a 15-minute ride.RAI Convention centre, at 600 meters, is within walking distance of the hotel. Holiday Inn Amsterdam is also close to all main offices on the Zuid-As , such as Ernst & Young, ING, ABN Amro, Baker & McKenzie, Akzo Nobel, Accenture and the World Trade Centre.The Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum are only a short tram ride away. Alternatively you might fancy a relaxing 30-minute walk through the popular neighbourhood Oud-Zuid to reach Amsterdam s renowned museum district. You could also opt for renting a trendy Vespa scooter at reception to discover the city as a true local. All our 264 spacious rooms have been recently renovated, in addition to our comfortable and stylish lobby. Holiday Inn Amsterdam features 13 multifunctional meeting rooms, a mini-gym and a cosy bar & restaurant. WIFI Internet access is available at a charge in all public areas and rooms from the 9th 15th floor. Please note that this is a full non-smoking hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsNL, EasyToBook, Priceline, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.