“Great location, food and rooms!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre

You added Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 5, 1012 RC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Recife, Pernambuco
“Great location, food and rooms!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

I really enjoyed the 3 nights I spent at this hotel. Even though it was the first time I had been there, my family and I were treated like old costumers. The staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms, recently refurbished, were very clean and quite spacious. The Dorrius restaurant offers a great food. They have the best hamburger I’ve ever tried. The location is great. It only takes you 10 minutes to get to Dam Square. The hotel was a bit expensive but definitely worth the money.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Surrey UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

Stayed with my partner last weekend and I must say, this Hotel is ideal for anyone who has not been to Amsterdam before. The location is ideal for you to navigate the city on foot, with everything close by Red Light District 5 min walk, Dam square 5 min walk, Centraal station 5 minute walk. When we arrived at reception, as a Platinum Ambassador Priority club member we were upgraded into a club room with free access to the club lounge where we had a free breakfast and drinks throughout the day (only used it for breakfast)
Staff were polite and courteous and always smiling which is a very positive aspect when staying away. We will not make this our last trip to the Crowne Plaza, we will be back.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

I have made several business trips to Amsterdam and stayed at various hotels, but this one definitely gets my vote as one of the best hotels in the city for busines or leisure.

Great location near Central station, so can get train directly to and from Schiphol.
Very clean, fresh rooms with all the facilities you would expect.
All the staff are superb, very welcoming and friendly.
Restaurant food is excellent, interesting, but not too over the top.
Great ambience and feel to the place.

I always look forward to coming back there and would have no hesitation recommending it to anyone going to Amsterdam.

I look forward to returning everytime.

Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Glasgow, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times. And whilst I have written about other hotels in the InterCon stable that do not value customer loyalty (CP Republique in Paris, CP Kensington in London as examples) this one (like the Hamilton CP in Washington, DC) really, really get it.

First, the hotel. Great location. 5 minutes to the Central Station (why do the rail authorities in Holland seek to gouge visitors with their machines - many don't take cash and will not take UK chip and pin debit cards, so you have to pay a 25%, that's not a typo, surcharge to use a credit card!) Lots of shops, bars all close by.

Really warm welcome from the staff, who welcomed me back. Even tried to get me the same room as I stayed in before. All the rooms I have stayed in recently have been refurbished to a high standard. Great beds, nice bathrooms, flat screen TV's and great chair for working at the desk in the room.

Given access to the new club lounge. Sadly, they have moved it from the top floor with the views over the Amsterdam rooftops, but the new one is nice and cosy.

Great selection of drinks, snacks and internet access. The hotel has ibann as the internet provider, so if you use Boingo for global roaming you can easily get online.

To prove my loyalty point, and I hope the hotel read this. I was travelling with colleagues who are in other loyalty programs. Because of my previous good experience here, they opted to go with my choice of hotel. So, they got 4 extra room nights off the back of that. Plus, I have just rebooked for another couple of nights next month.

Keep up the good work!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
argyll, scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

We were part of group of 8 staying the long weekend here and we all appreciated the close proximity to the railway station. The hotel has been recently refurbished and the rooms were clean and comfortable with safe, mini bar (expensive and no room to store your own drink) and an iron and ironing board. Two friends were celebrating their wedding anniversary during the trip and when this was mentioned at check in they were upgraded to a larger clubroom!
Did not eat in the hotel but can heartily recommend Ankara, a Turkish restaurant opposite the hotel - food and service excellent and prices reasonable. We also ate in Humphreys, which was nice, and in Teppenyaki Nippon - expensive but a great fun night with lovely food!
Can recoomend "Breakfast, Lunch,Dinner" - a cafe opposite hotel for breakfast - friendly service and tasty breakfasts and at around 9 euros a lot cheaper than hotel buffet!
I would stay here again and would have no trouble in recommending both the area and the hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Brussels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

We shared our 17th Anniversary on 13 Feb 2010 at this newly renovated and beautiful hotel. The staff was very helpful; the Club Lounge was a nice treat included in the roomrate which gave a free breakfast (juices, coffee, fresh sliced cold cuts and breads, cereal etc..) in the afternoon there was complimentarty sodas, wine and beer available. The television was set to be watched in several languages including English and the club room we had came with free internet as well. There was a nice gym/workout area with separate saunas for the men and women, which we never used because we were too exhausted from our day and nightlife events we didn't get any gym time in. Location of the hotel was a 5 to 7 minute walk to the train station. Our bed was so comfortable, it was hard to get up in the morning. Upon our arrival, I shared with the staff member that we were celebrating our Anniversary and when we returned to our room the next day (which was our anniversary day) management had left a nice card and chocolates on our bed, wishing us many more years of happiness. I would definitely recommend this hotel to couples on a nice getaway. It is centrally located and easy to get to anywhere in Amsterdam. Though we walked to most of the sites we visited, the tram runs right in front of the hotel. And an added plus was, right outside the hotel was a McDonalds and a local Doner Kebap shop which stayed open til 4am; came in quite handy for the late night returns to the hotel. Our experience at this hotel was totally awesome, I would recommend it to others and will definitely stay there again. 3 nights (11 Feb til 14 Feb)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

We enjoyed our 2-night stay in this Amsterdam’s hotel. It is located very close to the central railway station and a few tram stops from the city center.

Hotel’s staff were very friendly and helpful, they gave good restaurant advice, booked excursions for us, were nice in general.

The room was quite standard, bathroom clean, tea and coffee making facilities provided in the room. Breakfast was not included in our room rate, so we ate in cafes close to the restaurant – there are hundreds of them. Hotel is non-smoking, it was nice to enjoy our drinks in the bar without the cigarette smoke.

There is a very small gym and a sauna, everything clean. The hotel has a decent restaurant and very cosy bar/lounge area. We were offered a free drink as Priority Club members.

I’d say it’s a good hotel both for sightseeing and for business meetings in Amsterdam, it was very special, but we cannot complain about anything either.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Been to Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre? Share your experiences!