“this hotel is the best hotel for care, service and help in europe” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 5, 1012 RC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Dam Square)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Paphos, Cyprus
“this hotel is the best hotel for care, service and help in europe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

I stayed 16/7/14 and find the service, attention to detail and their friendliness unsurpassed in any hotel I stay in in the whole of the Netherlands or the rest of Europe that I use.
The food and service in the restaurant was excellent and cleanliness of all areas of the hotel is of a very high standard.
The helpfulness and politeness of all the staff make you feel very welcome and special at this hotel.
Finally the speed of check in and check out was great as all 4 desks were manned at peak times keeping the wait time to an absolute minimum.
I have booked to stay on 5/8/14 and have no reservations in recommending this top hotel for anyone looking for high standards with a personal touch

Room Tip: never had a room I have not been happy with and I have stayed numerous times
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

1,644 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Punta Gorda, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed for 4 days in late June. Hotel staff were very impressive, from housekeeping to hotel management. Concierge service was especially above average, helping in all activities and plans. Everyone on the staff was pleasant and professional. Rooms are not large but comfortable, clean and well appointed.
Hotel is in the middle of Amsterdam with easy access to transportation of any kind. Good place to stay for tourist activities!
Would stay again and highly recommend to others.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

The Crowne Plaza staff really goes above and beyond to make your stay in Amsterdam one to remember. If you exercise at all during your stay, be sure to stop by the front desk for a complimentary post-workout snack.

The hotel is a short distance from the Jordaan district, which we appreciated as well.

Overall, highly recommend the Crowne Plaza.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Really, this is all about the location- a 5-minute walk from the train station. The area is really bustling, but the hotel is pretty quiet and calm (outside of the main lobby, which is hopping). The rooms are nothing to write home about, nor are the baths (ours was tatty, but not horribly so). If you don't need to easy location, and you're going to be in Amsterdam a while, I would go with a smaller hotel on the canals- that would be lovely. If you are there for a weekend, like we were, this is a nice, easy stopping point. Just an fyi- if you are carrying heavy bags, the taxis probably won't take you from the station to the hotel- it's not worth their money. No worries though (if you don't have lifting/walking issues)- the hotel is across the street and up a bit, but it's a pretty easy (and flat) walk.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I chose this hotel on the location for touring as we were arriving several days in advance of our cruise. First - the location is FANTASTIC! It is walking distance from the Centraal Station - the train station. I did NOT want to walk to the hotel from the train station with my suitcase...but honestly, it was super close and very easy. We took the train from inside the airport to the Centraal Station....and walked to the hotel. This saved a huge cab fare and was very easy! Upon leaving the hotel....we took a cab to the cruise port and it cost very little so I was glad to save any hassles since it was raining.

It is very important to be close to the Centraal Station for taking trams all over Amsterdam....so the location ended up being perfect for us!

I emailed the room manager, Maurice Janssen, and he made sure we had a great room to celebrate our 40th anniversary. The rooms are huge and very nice - American style. The bathroom was also quite nice! We arrived early in the morning after an all-night flight and our room was not ready as the present occupants were still in the room. Mr. Janssen gave us a temporary room to relax in until our actual room was ready. What an amazing thing to do for us! I have never had this done for me in the past and I travel a lot!

Johan - the Concierge - was super helpful to us for various tickets and reservations. For all the stressing I did about buying tickets online to avoid lines....I found out that I could buy my tickets right from the Concierge and get a discount on top of it! He gave us great maps and directions, as well.

Our room did not include the breakfast buffet, but we opted to purchase it. It was well worth it. A very nice buffet in a beautiful restaurant. I had read that since many restaurants offer a breakfast buffet - that many local restaurants don't serve breakfast. I needed a good breakfast before a full day of touring.

Overall - staying at the Crowne Plaza was a 10 out of 10! Nice hotel, super friendly staff including Silvie at the front desk, and great location. Beds were comfortable, shower was good....what more could I ask for??

I would HIGHLY recommend the Crowne Plaza if you are traveling to Amsterdam.

Room Tip: I believe that ANY room would be fine. Noise was NOT an issue at all even though the hotel is on a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
CPamsterdam, Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience with the travel community.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. I agree with you that the location is very convenient. The central railway station is located within 5 minutes walking distance of the hotel and also other types of public transport also stop right in front of the hotel and will take you to all the highlights of Amsterdam. Our concierge will be happy to assist you by giving advice what the best places are to visit in Amsterdam and of course what the best restaurants are to visit while you are here.

Furthermore it is great to read that you have chosen our property to celebrate your 40th anniversary in and that you appreciated all the services delivered by our employees. Thank you for sharing this with us as it is always a pleasure to read when employees are delivering the services they do.

Thank you for recommending our property and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back one day!

Aernout de Jong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Central location, near the central station and a short walk from Dam square and all the major sites, near tram station.
Clean, quite and spacious room.
The staff was very friendly.
Would go back again :-)
....................................,..

CPamsterdam, Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, especially because of the convenient location. I agree with you in saying that the location is great when it comes to exploring the city of Amsterdam. As you mentioned the central railway station is located within walking distance, as well as many of the highlight which Amsterdam has to offer.

Furthermore, it is great to read that you appreciated the friendliness of our staff and the cleanliness of our rooms.

It is wonderful to read that you will return to the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre. Our team is already looking forward to welcoming you back.

Maurice Janssen
Rooms Division Manager
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Hotel located right in the heart of Amsterdam - only short walk to Centraal train station (so can easily get to airport or other locations in the Netherlands) and easy walks to various restaurants and sights. Staff at front desk, restaurant, and meeting rooms very pleasant and helpful. Room I had was very clean with nice furnishings - only wish I was able to open windows a bit to allow some fresh air into room, but no issues with air quality in room. Good value for the price.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
CPamsterdam, Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre especially because of its location. I agree with you in saying that the location is very convenient, as you mention the Central Railway station is located within walking distance which has direct trains leaving to Amsterdam Schiphol every 15 minutes.

Furthermore it is great to read that you enjoyed the services delivered by our employees in various outlets as Front Desk and F&B. Thank you for sharing this with us as it is always a pleasure to read when staff is delivering the services they do.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back one day!

Maurice Janssen
Rooms Division Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre? Share your experiences!