“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 5, 1012 RC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Dam Square)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
Nivelles, Belgium
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The hotel is in an ideal location for Amsterdam tourism. It is less than five minutes walk to the train station, while still being in a safe and clean area. All of the main sights are walkable. The staff were all friendly and welcoming. We were given an upgrade for being rewards members. Our room was beautiful, clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable, the a.c. worked well and the bathroom was modern.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
CPamsterdam, Rooms Division Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, July 3, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is wonderful to read that you are one of our loyal IHG Rewards Club Members and appreciated the upgrade received as one of the benefits of this programme.

I agree with you in saying that the location of the hotel is very convenient. The central railway station is located within 5 minutes walking distance of the hotel. The public transport also stops right in front of the hotel and will take you to all the highlights of Amsterdam.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back one day!

1,677 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed in Amsterdam for one night. The staff were lovely, the room was clean and the location was perfect. It was 5mins walk from the main station, and about 10mins walk from the main square. I would recommend to anyone as a good, clean and easy option for Amsterdam

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
CPamsterdam, Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, June 30, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is wonderful to read that you have chosen to stay at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre during your 2-day city trip. I agree with you in saying that the location of the hotel is very convenient. As you mention the Central Railway station is within walking distance as well as many of the highlights which Amsterdam has to offer.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back one day!

Leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Very convenient lociation, good sized room, good air con, clean and tidy. Excellent rooms for business meetings and high qulaity catering at these events. Break fast more than adequate.
Despite being on a busy street there was no traffic noise.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
CPamsterdam, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, June 26, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre. Furthermore it is a pleasure to read that you visited our property for meeting purposes and liked our meeting rooms and catering offerings.

I agree with you that the location of the hotel is very convenient as it is close to the central railway station and within reach of many of the highlights which Amsterdam has to offer.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back one day for either business or leisure purposes.

Aernout de Jong
Yarm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is the best hotel in Amsterdam by far. Excellent facilities, excellent food, the staff are lovely some even know us by name now and they always look after us very well. The hotel is ideal for sightseeing and nightlife as it is so central and only 5 minutes from Central station. We are going back there for my birthday again on the 13th July which coincides with the World Cup final so we are hoping Holland make it through as the city will be very exciting. We arrive on the 11th for the build up for the weekend. See you soon can't wait Mr & Mrs Roper x

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
CPamsterdam, Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, June 26, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is a great pleasure to read that you comment that the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre is the best hotel in Amsterdam. I agree with you in saying that the location of the hotel is very convenient as it is within reach of many of the highlights which Amsterdam has to offer.

It is wonderful to read that you already have booked your upcoming stay and will even be celebrating your birthday with us! We will we do our utmost to make this stay as memorable as possible.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back in July!

N. Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I was just staying one night in Amsterdam, coming in by train and leaving the next AM via train to Schiphol. This property looked like it was in a good location and the rates were competitive.

What a great decision on my part, if I say so myself! It's a five minute walk from the station. Altho it is located on a busy street, the soundproofing in the rooms was superb and I heard NO street noise...nothing, nada, zip. I am a priority club member and received an upgrade when I arrived. The bed was wonderful, towels were thick and luxurious, the people at the front desk were friendly, efficient and of course spoke excellent English and the little box of herbal sleep remedies left on the pillow was better than chocolate and really worked.

I did laugh out loud at the scale in the bathroom. Not what I wanted to see after 3 weeks on vacation and stuffing myself with Belgian chocolates and beer! I just moved it further under the sink and enjoyed my stay.

My only tactical error? I did not book breakfast! I figured there would be things nearby, but after walking a couple of blocks in a couple of directions nothing looked good, so returned to the hotel restaurant. The buffet is more expensive if you don't book ahead. The hostess on Monday morning was Maria and she was amazingly helpful. My brother and I are vegan so she suggested the cold items on the extensive buffet but also pointed out that there were potatoes, mushrooms and tomatoes on the hot side and she had the kitchen fix my brother oatmeal made without milk. What an awesome employee! I hope her manager appreciates her!

This property is NOT for you if you want canal-side charm including steep stairs to the rooms, street noise and no air conditioning.

This property IS for you if you want an amazing night's sleep in a comfortable bed, a cool, quiet room (pretty hot when we were there), attentive staff and an unbeatable location.

This will be my choice next time I come to Amsterdam.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
CPamsterdam, F&B Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, June 26, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is wonderful to read that you have chosen the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre for you one night trip to the city. I agree with you in saying that this is the perfect location as it is close the the Central Railway station which has direct trains leaving to Amsterdam Schiphol every 10 minutes.

Furthermore it is great to read that you are one of our loyal IHG Rewards Club Members and appreciated the benefits which come with this programme. Furthemore it is great to read that you enjoyed having breakfast in our New Dorrius restaurant and that you appreciated the services delivered by one of our F&B employees. Thank you for sharing this with us as it is always a pleasure to read when employees are delivering the services they do.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back one day!

Jaap Roomeijer
F&B Manager
croydon, surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Businsess conference with a few days sightseeing too. Excellent location. we preferred to be right by all the sights and take the short tram ride to RAI business centre. The Reichts museum was fantastic, newly refurbished and we spent 4 hours there. Our room was lovely and the staff were all very helpful and friendly, nothing too much trouble and they had much more up to date info than the tourist information centres. Swimming pool too, though we ended up being too busy to swim more than once and World Cup footie on too to compete with. Ate in the restaurant once with colleagues and food very good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
CPamsterdam, Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, June 24, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is a great pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your recent stay in the city of Amsterdam. However we are wondering if you reviewed the correct hotel as you mention that you have enjoyed swimming and our hotel is not equipped with a pool. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly via laura.lamers@ihg.com and it will be my pleasure to verify the hotel information.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you one day at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre!

Laura Lamers
Management Assistant
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is by far the best place I have ever stayed and because of that I will be looking for Crowne Plazas wherever I go. Everything was perfect from the minute we walked through the front doors. Every staff member immediately acknowledged and greeted us. When we checked in we found we had been upgraded to a suite due to it being my bf's 40th birthday. When we opened the door there was even a handwritten birthday card and gift waiting on the bed for him. After we had been in the room about 5 mins we received a phone call checking that everything was ok. Everything was of such a high quality, the bedding, the towels, the coffee. The location could not be any better and is such a short walk to the centraal station. The concierge was very helpful with recommendations and tickets for the boat tour we went on. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. I would recommend to anyone and would definitely stay again if we return to Amsterdam.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
CPamsterdam, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, June 24, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is a great pleasure to read that you mention that the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre was by far the best place you have every stayed. It is wonderful to read that everything was perfect from the minute you entered our hotel. Furthermore it is great to read that you appreciated the upgrade and amenities because of the celebration of your 40th birthday. We will always do our utmost to make each and every stay extra special and memorable.

Thank you recommending our hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre!

Aernout de Jong

Been to Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre? Share your experiences!