My wife and I decided to visit Amsterdam for the weekend for a short anniversary treat. We chose the CP as we're IHG platinum members and the hotel has amazing reviews. The whole trip exceeded my expectations for the following reasons:
- The location is possibly the best in Amsterdam (a few minutes from the Damrak, but far enough away not to be bothered by the noise / excess foot traffic of tourists).
- Check-in was excellent: Rik Drenth, the duty manager, upgraded our room, offered dining / sightseeing tips; offered a brief hotel tour and escorted us to the club lounge for drinks.
- Our room was a spacious junior suite that had good quality cosmetics (Rituals) and all the other extras (robe, slippers etc) you'd hope for.
- Upon hearing that we had a special occasion, Melissa Grauwde, the guest relations liaison, arranged a surprise bottle of champagne, fresh fruit and cake as a welcome / celebratory gift. This was a class touch.
- The lounge is very good value for money - it serves Heineken on tap, wine throughout the day, breakfast and snacks. This made the whole trip quite cheap, as we made the most of the included benefits.
Overall, I had a great time and was massively impressed by the comprehensive offering that the Crowne Plaza provided. The staff I've named above were also particularly impressive and made us feel welcomed with very personalised service. I've stayed in a lot of Amsterdam hotels, but would choose this one above the rest.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza City Centre Hotel Amsterdam
- Crowne Plaza Amsterdam
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Amsterdam