“Treated very nicely on my birthday!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 5, 1012 RC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Dam Square)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Treated very nicely on my birthday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I was treated very courteously on a business trip that happened to have my birthday in the middle of it.

I was not expecting anything special beyond a nice greeting but they went out of their way to treat me well while I was away on business. I will return to this hotel even when I'm not advancing a year in age.

Very close to Amsterdam Centraal Station which is easy to get to from the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
CPamsterdam, Rooms Division Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent trip to Amsterdam on Tripadvisor.

I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and the celebration of your Birthday while in Amsterdam.

We look forward welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre either on 1 of the celebrations or for any other occasion.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Antalya, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We were in Amsterdam because of Utrecht Tourism fair.We are very happy that we choosed this lovely hotel.Our room was very comfortable(439)and well decorated.Staff are very friendly and doing their job with Love.Thank you.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre while attending the Utrecht Toerism Fair.

I am delighted you choose to stay with us and are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay us so much. It is well appreciated you point out that the room was comfortable and well decorated and that you enjoyed the services from our staff.

We look forward welcoming you back to Amsterdam in the near future.

Paphos, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

You are treated well by all the staff from the front desk, management, restaurant staff, concierge etc.
The friendly atmosphere and caring staff always make me feel this is not just a hotel it is a home from home.
Rooms are well equiped and very clean and the food in the restaurant is excellent.
thanks to all the team who make me keep coming back to this hotel every chance i get.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
CPamsterdam, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, January 17, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is wonderful to read that you are a loyal guest of the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre.

Furthermore it is a great pleasure to read that you appreciate the service that our team provides and that we are able to create that home away from home feeling. Thank you for sharing this with us as it is always a pleasure to read when staff is delivering the service they do.

Aernout de Jong
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I loved this hotel! The staff were fantastic, very welcoming. My room was upgraded no questions asked, so I had a large executive suite that was just brilliant. Very modern and Clean, I loved the card on the pillow that explained why there is no outlet next to the beds to charge phones or laptops. They want you to get the best rest possible. I appreciate that. The location is perfect. right in the center of everything. The train station is about a 5 minute walk from the entrance, and there are plenty of area attractions that are near by. If I come back to Amsterdam, I will make it a point to stay again here for sure. There is nothing I can say that is bad. Bravo! Keep up the fantastic job! I love IHG hotels, they never disappoint.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
CPamsterdam, Rooms Division Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, January 17, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is wonderful to read that you appreciated the upgrade received at the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre.

I agree with you in saying that the location of the hotel is very convenient. The central railway station is located within 5 minutes walking distance of the hotel. The public transport also stops right in front of the hotel and will take you to all the highlights of Amsterdam.

Furthemore it is a great pleasure to read that you will stay at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre when returning to Amsterdam, we are already looking forward to welcoming you back!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

If there were a 6th circle in the 5 circle scale on Tripadvisor I would definitely give it to this hotel.

Their staff is one of the most nice and helpful I have ever come a crossed. Location is great, amenities splendid, and their breakfast buffet worth every penny!!! Their fruit is fresh, all their juices are freshly squeezed, their omelet is superb. Well, I simply cant put in words what a great surprise it was to find this kind of quality at a very reasonable price in Europe.

Their rooms are very spacious, compared to regular european standards, and super neat spotlessly clean, which is mayor important to us.

They have valet parking & a really helpful concierge service that will hook you up with whatever entertainment you would like to enjoy during your stay in Amsterdam.

I recommend this hotel 100%. And I will stay in it again next time I visit Amsterdam.

Stayed January 2014
CPamsterdam, Food & Beverage Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time for writing and sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is wonderful to find that you truly enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Our New Dorrius Restaurant and bar provides you indeed with a sumptuous breakfast that keeps you going all day.

Furthermore it is a great to read that you compliment our staff as being nice and helpful, it is always a pleasure to read when staff is delivering the service they do.

It is a great pleasure to read that you recommend our hotel and that you will definitely stay with us when returning the Amsterdam. The Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre team is already looking forward to welcoming you back!

Jaap Roomeijer
F&B Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed here 3 days. The location is great and the front desk staff was excellent. Maurice (room manager) and Melissa were extremely friendly and helpful. They all speak really good English! The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the train,bus & tram stations. Lots of things to see and do within walking distance. Be sure to take good walking shoes because everyone walks or rides bicycles. The restaurant selections were good but somewhat limited. I wanted a club sandwich for dinner instead of lunch ( it was only on the lunch menu) and they made it for me. We took a taxi upon arrival that costs us 60 euros and took the train back to the airport which was about 5 euros. If you have bags that are easy to carry or maneuver, I'd suggest taking the train. We loved it here and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
CPamsterdam, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, January 14, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is wonderful to read that you choose to spend your 3-day city trip in the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre.

Furthermore it is a pleasure to read that you appreciated the services delivered by our staff. It is always a pleasure to read when staff is delivering the service they do and I will personally make sure to pass on your comments to the colleagues involved.

It is wonderful to read that you loved your stay and that you will definitely stay with us again. The Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre team is already looking forward to welcome you back!

Aernout de Jong
John O'Groats, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

This hotel is exemplary. The staff attitude is one of the best that I have experienced in any hotel.

I'm a platinum member, but I don't think that this alters the staff attitude to me. I watched the reception people, concierges, managers, chambermaids, barstaff etc. and they appeared to treat all customers with grace and politeness. (One minor snafu - the Breakfast Restaurant Staff had a habit of speaking the room number out loud.)

I had a room in the quiet part of the hotel. the room was quiet but, unfortunately, the corridor acted as an amplifier and it was amazing how much the noises from people coming and going, chambermaids moving kit carried.

As a platinum member I had a free 'drink and snack'. The snack was some truly excellent cheese and sausage; much more in the spirit of the offer than a bag of crisps.

Hotel is centrally located and easy to reach on foot from the railway station.

A credit to the Intercontinental Hotel Group. Well done Crone Plaza Amsterdam.

Room Tip: I had a room in the quiet part of the hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CPamsterdam, Rooms Division Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, January 14, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is wonderful to read that you comment the staff as being one of the best you have experienced in any hotel. Thank you for sharing this with us as it is always a pleasure to read when staff is delivering the service they do. Furthermore it is great to read that you appreciated the benefits that come with your IHG Platinum membership.

I am sorry to read your comment regarding the noise you experienced. We do have special Quiet Zones in our hotel in which you will definitely not be disturbed by any noise. Please inform us when you will be returning to our hotel and we will do our utbest to allocate you in one of our Quiet Zone rooms.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community as this allows us to monitor and improve our services continually.

The Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre team is hoping to welcoming you back during one of your future visits to the city of Amsterdam!

Rooms Division Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre? Share your experiences!