“Well placed, nice and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre

You added Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 5, 1012 RC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Barcelona, Spain
“Well placed, nice and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was in this hotel for a meeting in last days of September 2013. I was in the 6th floor with a charming terrace offering nice views to the central Amsterdam roofs. Service was excellent, cleaning impecable and breakfast in normal standards. Its ubication located in the center of Amsterdam with a lot of public transport mades it a very good point. Staff was kind and always helpful.

Room Tip: Top floor (6th) with city views and terrace
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CPamsterdam, Food & Beverage Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, October 3, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is wonderful to read that you visited the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre for a meeting in our meeting room the 'Millenium Star' last September. As you mention this meeting room has a nice terrace with a view on the Amsterdam roofs in the city center of Amsterdam.

It is also a pleasure to read that you mention that the service was excellent and that the staff was kind and always helpful. It is always a pleasure to read when staff is delivering the service they do.

The Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre team is hoping to welcoming you back one day!

F&B Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
London. UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza-city centre- last week,having travelled to Amsterdam by Eurostar and Thalys which was completely stress- free. The hotel is very well located as it is only 5 mins walk to the Central Station and all the tours.buses ,trams etc start from the Station.
The hotel was excellent,the staff very helpful and the room clean. We asked for a quiet room and 427 was completely noise free. There is an all day restaurant which is very good and we ate there in the evening on the day we arrived. I booked a room to include breakfast which worked well. We bought a 3 day travel card and I booked for the Rijksmuseum in advance, and we were able to get on all the tours without any problems. JW

Room Tip: Rooms on 6th floor have balconies but may be noisy. Room 427 was absolutely quiet

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. I agree with you that the location is very convenient. Indeed the central railway station is located within 5 minutes from the hotel. The public transport also stops right in front of the hotel and will take you to all the highlights of Amsterdam. Our concierge will be happy to assist you by giving advice what the best places are to visit in Amsterdam and of course what the best restaurants are to visit while you are here.

Furthermore it is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed breakfast and dinner in our New-Dorrius restaurant and bar. Our modern New Dorrius Restaurant & Bar offers a relaxing atmosphere. Enjoy delicious Dutch classics or international favourites. Meet each other for a cup of coffee during the day in our New Dorrius Bar, or for a cocktail in the evening.

The Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre team is looking forward to welcoming you back one day!

Kandahar, Afghanistan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

All around excellent hotel. I travel alot, and this is one of the best hotels on my list.

It is in a perfect location. A short walk from the train station, I almost took a taxi, because I didn't know where to go, I would have been super embarrassed (while looking for a taxi, I spotted the hotel, just across the street).

Also really close to the red light district. But not right in it, so families won't have to worry. Maybe a 5 min walk, if that.

Restaurants are also really close. We went to a really good Argentinian Steak House within a minute's walk from the hotel.

We walked to all of our attractions, seemed like they were all within walking distance, if you plan it right. The flower market and the shopping nearby was a long walk back, but my wife and I are young so it was doable.

The best thing was, they upgraded me to a suite. So we had a corner room, excellent shower (which is crucial for me) and an overall awesome time.

I will be staying at Crowne Plazas whenever I travel to new cities. Highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CPamsterdam, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, October 3, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is a great pleasure to read that you comment the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre as being one of the best hotels you stayed in! It is also a pleasure to read that we were able to upgrade you to one of our suites!

Furthermore I agree with you in saying that the location of the hotel is very convenient, as you mention the hotel is located within walking distance of the Central Railway station. Also many nice restaurants and bars are located within walking distance as well as many of the highlights which you can visit while staying in Amsterdam.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back one day at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City.

Aernout de Jong
mnl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

A few days' stay. Good location. Typical Crowne Plaza-- all essentials, & clean. One male front desk officer who has no business being in such an interactive job. The other staff members I'd encountered were fine.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CPamsterdam, Rooms Division Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is wonderful to read that your overall experience at the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre was positive. However I am sorry to read about the experience you had with one of our Front Desk Agents. If possible I would like to ask you for some more details for the reason of your comment, therefore I would like to get in touch with you personally. Please be so kind to contact me directly via Maurice.janssen@ihg.com.

I ask you for this as your feedback is of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Very nice hotel with a great location to everything central in Amsterdam. Nice staff and hotel very clean, room very modern. We got a very nice upgrade as Gold club members. Close to Amsterdam Central station if your arriving from the airport. Cabs pricey in Amsterdam so find your way around by train, tram or bike if you can.

• Stayed September 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed the upgrade you received being a Rewards Club member of our loyalty program. As you mention the hotel is located on a very convenient location when exploring the city. The Central Railway station is located within walking distance as well as other types of public transport.

The Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre is looking forward to welcoming you back during one of your future visits.

Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We spent two nights at the Crown Plaza Sept 7 & 8 before our river cruise. As a Priority member we were upgraded to a club level room which was clean, well appointed but rather small and no view (which did not matter as we were not in the room much). We got to the hotel before noon yet they had a room ready for us. We were greeted by friendly and helpful staff. The lobby was clean, the area outside the restaurant modern as well as the restaurant itself. The included breakfast was a small buffet of the usual eggs, bacon, beans & tomatoes (beans & tomatoes for breakfast is something that never cought on here in the states but I enjoyed it). The hotel location was central to all the fun Amsterdam can offer... would surely recommend this hotel.

Dear valued guest,

It is a pleasure to read that you chose the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre before your River Cruise. It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and especially the beans and tomatoes.

I agree with you in saying that the location is very convenient. As you mention the hotel is located close to many highlights which Amsterdam has to offer and also many nice restaurants and bars are located within walking distance.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I chose this hotel pretty much because it had elevators. I live in a walk-up and don't want to walk up stairs after walking all over a city while on vacation. This hotel exceeded my expectations. The location was great, we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go to. The room was modern, bed was nice and everything was clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The concierge even gave me a bandaid when he informed me the local drugstore was closed. They also do their wakeup calls manually which is a nice touch and offer a snooze option which is helpful when you have to catch an early flight.

Now if they had cheaper WiFi I would give this hotel the full rating. I know most people do not care about it, but I use the internet for much of my trip planning and mapping out where to go. The internet at almost $20euros is over-priced. I haven't even come across internet that expensive in NYC. Getting a data plan on my phone was cheaper for this part of our Europe trip. All of the other hotels we stayed in had free WiFi. There is a business center where you can get online and I was trying to look up reviews to restaurants on this site and it took forever and the computer could barely handle this website. Thankfully I had just about everything pre-planned but there were a few changes we wanted to make.

That is my only complaint, and very minor and as I said and most people don't care about internet. We are planning on coming back to Amsterdam and I will probably check out this hotel first, but if the internet is still way too expensive I may look at other hotels in the area. I really loved the location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CPamsterdam, Rooms Division Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, September 30, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is wonderful to read that you chose the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre mainly because of its location. I agree with you in saying that the location of the hotel is ideal when exploring the city.

I am sorry to read about the WiFi, I would like to inform you that all our IHG Rewards Club members benefit of complimentary internet in our hotel and enrolment for this program is free of charge and can be arranged directly at the hotel. This way you can benefit the complimentary internet and many more benefits.

Overall it is a great pleasure to read that the staff was friendly and helpful and that the hotel even exceededed your expectations!

The Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre team is hoping to welcome you back during one of your future visits to Amsterdam!

Rooms Division Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre? Share your experiences!