“Excellent!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 2,274 restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: European, Indonesian, International
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Open only for dinner from Tuesday till Sunday. Adventurous food in a Cosmopolitan setting, located in the heart of Amsterdam's most beautiful canal area. MAX is a place to explore the New International cuisine with the additional respect of the flavours of MamaMax' traditional Indonesian home cooking and the use of fresh ingredients. Creative but no nonsens food. Forget the expectation of an old fashion Indonesian restaurant look or the trendy deconstructive foam attractions but enjoy our good food, nice setting and friendly service. MAX has a short uncomplicated interesting wine list, excellence wines for reasonable prices. Seperate room for function for groups.
Bogota
“Excellent!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We went last night without reservation and all the personal were very nice... Finally they gave us a table, the food was exclellent and amazing convination of flavours, the desserts OMG!!!! Tks... I recommend the food, service and everything there. I am afraid of indonesian food but in MAX I'll eat again!!

Visited September 2013

92% Recommend
Lisbon, Portugal
“am913”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was a very good meal. The place is modern and light, in a relaxed atmosphere. The staff was very welcome and friendly. The food was delicious. Certainly I will recomend it to friends that come to amsterdam.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MaxLumankun, Owner at MAX Amsterdam, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience in MAX restaurant.
It is great to read that you were pleased with the food and service.
We will be happy to welcome you and your friends again at MAX.
Hockessin, Delaware
“Wonderful Modern Indonesian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We wanted to have an Indonesian dinner during our stay in Amsterdam this summer. Our B&B host recommended Max restaurant, a short walk from our apartment (Singel 96). The décor is contemporary and fresh. We had great service from Max the owner. I had the Risjttafel, which was a great sampling of the menu. I would highly recommend it. My wife and 12 year old son had the 2 course menu. All the dishes were well presented and tasty. The best part is that my 12 year old picky eater now likes Indonesian cuisine! But I doubt we'll find any as good as Max restaurant in the US!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear guest, thank you for your kind review and hope that we helped creating a new food lover in your family. He's bitten with the food and what a joy ! Hope to see you all again in Amsterdam.
Melbourne Beach, Florida
“Still dreaming about my desert.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Quite possibly the best desert I've ever had at a restaurant. It was such elegant combination of Dutch and Indonesian flavors.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for sharing your dream and I hope for having a new fresh inspiration to build a new dream again to seduce more.
Thinking about a bite in a sweet pear :-)
Thanks again for posting your lovely review.
Portland, Oregon
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

In a city that is notable for many things, but (in my opinion) not its food, MAX's stands out as exceptional. When in Amsterdam in 2012 on my birthday I dined here. Now I'm going to be back on my birthday again in 2013 and just made reservations. I have only one night in Amsterdam this time and this is my pick!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for sharing your experience and thank you for coming back again to MAX restaurant. It's an honor for us. Welcome.
Max