Let's start with due to my stupidity I ended up staying at the Die Port van Cleve because I booked another hotel for the wrong dates!!!!! :(
So I was in a bad mood about losing out on £€$ already!
All that changed when I arrived at the Die Port van Cleve.
Staff on arrival were friendly, helpful and welcoming.
Room was clean, comfortable and light. Bed was very comfortable and the best part were the super heavy, dark curtains which kept the room completely dark in the mornings!! ahh sleep in!!
Bathroom was small but adequate, shower with bathtub and plenty of towels and cloths in bathroom.
There is a gorgeous and comfortable lounge down stair if you'd like a quite space and a lounge chair and also a nice bar and Restaurant down stairs.
Room service available till 11pm
Location of this hotel is fantastic. With many sights, shopping districts, great cafés and restaurants and canals with in short walking distance.
The central train station is maybe 15-20 minutes walking (not hard walk, but can be lots if people as you get closer to the station)
Be careful of pickpockets and thieves near this area too! We were fine but station staff had warned us as we got there.
Free wifi is an absolute bonus when traveling!!
Would be more than happy to stay at this hotel, turns out stuffing up my booking wasn't that bad as I thought!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam