Perfectly situated on Dam Square behind the Royal Palace with a tram stop just outside. We had a huge room on the fourth floor with a roomy well appointed bathroom. When we were there what appeared to be main restaurant was only open for breakfast but the full dinner menu was served in the bar. We prefer to eat outside hotels but in this instance it would have been a mistake. The steaks, of which they are rightly proud, are great but so is everything else. Strangely, given that, breakfast is not worth the 19.5 euros, especially when there are so many excellent alternatives nearby. Try the cafe on the sixth floor of the department store on the opposite corner of the square for views over the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam