This hotel is located in a fantastic area of Amsterdam. It's close to everything, as everything is within walking distance. The hotel staff was great and very helpful in answering our questions. Our second floor room was very clean and quiet located on the side of a small unusable courtyard. There are elevators in this complex as we had a lot of suitcases having come off a three week Baltic Sea cruise. The doorman was great in helping us move our luggage to our room. Air conditioning worked nicely in our room. The bed has a down blanket which I don't prefer as I can't regulate how warm or cold I want to be. The operations manager, a tall gentleman, (not sure of his title) was very informative regarding activities to do in Amsterdam. We visited his favorite, the Rijksmuseum. This is well worth it. Also, don't miss the Anne Frank House Museum. The line is extremely long, but we purchased our tickets in advance on the internet and entered immediately at our assigned time. There is a free tour of the Red Light District in the evening located by the ice cream shop on the Dam, about a block from the hotel on the left side. This was a lot of fun and very informative. Tips are appreciated by the guide.
There are many good restaurants away from the hotel that are less expensive. Two for breakfast are across the street to the left down about two blocks or so.
Overall, this hotel met all of our expectations and would definitely return here for another Amsterdam vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam