I went here with my boyfriend back in Febraury 2013, it was a christmas present for myself, we went with another couple. When first arriving we literally went straight to a coffee shop just to try some stuff out because we couldn't check into our hotel? After smoking an little bit of weed, we were in a bit of a daze and were standing right outside our hotel but didn't know because there was scaffholdings all infront of it! After entering and checking in, we were asked to sign a no smoking form which is weird because I have never seen a form for no smoking, which made us feel a bit odd because obviously we'd just come from a coffee shop!
The hotel was just average, nothing really special about it, it's good but I could find better. Location is very good as the square is just across the road so it didn't take long. They were very helpful with getting us a cab to make our way home. If you are a couple and looking for a romantic hotel, I suggest looking into the Toren, our friends stayed there and it was so lovely, I was so jealous! But nothing really too bad to say about this hotel, but I don't think I'd stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, EasyToBook, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam