Had a weekend stay here from Friday until Sunday. Room was superb, plenty big enough for all three of us complete with small fridge, television and a lovely large bathroom. Room was clean, tidy, roomy and the air conditioning was a saviour in the 27 degree temperature we encountered on our stay. Breakfast was 1st class with plenty of choice for all tastes, cooked breakfast, continental, nice selection of meats, cheeses and fresh fruit. Staff was more than accomodating and helpful to us throughout our stay. Location was perfect set on the main road just across from Dam Square, which made it easy to find when we came out of the station and for us to get about. Heard no noise at all from the main road in the evening,
Definately recommend this hotel for a perfect, hassle free stay in the "Dam".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Agoda, Venere, Odigeo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam