What a lovely little hotel, and very centrally based. Train station about a 7 minute walk, and the trams stop directly outside. Dam square is right on your doorstep too. We did not eat in the restaurant, as there are so many little bars and restaurants along the pretty canals to choose from. The room was clean, and ample, with private bathroom. The staff are incredibly friendly and you only have to let them know your not happy. We however were very happy, with the hotel. We do not need a large room, just a base that is clean with great staff and thats what we got. Loved everything about this hotel. Breakfast has something for everyone, fruit, cooked, cereals etc. Even though this is right on top of the tourist areas, i found this reasonably quiet. Would definitely return to Amsterdam and would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam