I have stayed in this hotel a couple of times as it's in a great central location. The staff are always very helpful and welcoming. The rooms are noisy on street side so best to get one at the back of the hotel. The restaurant is very good and offer up some interesting Dutch options I have never seen elsewhere. The rooms at the back are quiet and very clean. This hotel is easily reached from the Central Station (about 15 minutes) and across the street from the Royal Palace and many other attractions. Not the cheapest in Amsterdam but excellent location makes up for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam