We stayed at this hotel in 2009 and enjoyed our stay. BUT...this stay...not so. Not only was one of the male front desk staff rude twice but you wouldn't believe the room they gave us. It was off the first floor (which is the 2nd in America), We couldn't find it at first and then discovered a narrow spiral set of steps down a coupy hole. I thought it might have been a storage closet at first. My husband 6'2" and average built...Hiis shoulders touched on each wall. The steps spiraled down and there was little room to put your feet because of the spiral and the narrowness of it. We met two other couples down there and we were all shocked at the offering of these rooms. Imagine us trying to get our luggage up and down those closed in steps, not to mention ourselves. We are somewhat elderly and it was a chore. While Die Port Van Cleve has a great location in Amsterdam, we wouldn't stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam