A few days ago I came back from Amsterdam, I stayed at the hotel Die Port van Cleve. I think that hotel is adequate 4 stars. Room 525 was standard, bathroom with tub and shower, soap, shampoo. Street off. There was a kettle, tea, coffee, sugar, creamer. LCD was new, but only one English tv channel BBC worked. There were German, Dutch TV channels.
We did not book breakfast because it is quite expensive - 19 euros, but if you pre-book breakfast it costs 15 euros.
Once we returned in the afternoon and saw that our door was being renovated. Lock was completely replaced by new because the old lock did not close automatically. The work was done quickly and efficiently.
On arriving we were asked to pay a deposit of 100 euros and city taxes, for 5 nights it was about the 27 euros. When checking out, I gave a receipt and my deposit was given me back. I asked to print my boarding passes and the receptionist helped me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam