This hotel is perfectly positioned near Dam Square. The hotel is located 5-10 minutes from Central Station. So, if you do not have a lot of luggage it's very easy to walk to. If you do have a lot of luggage or you just don't feel like walking, there is a tram that will drop you right off right in front of the the hotel. The hotel staff is very nice. The check in process was fast and efficient. My room was on the fourth floor. The room was very spacious. The biggest room I had while in Europe. My room had a split level design which I liked. The bathroom was on the left and was right there as soon as you walk in the room. It was a good size. It had everything in it you would expect a three-four star hotel to have(lotions,shampoo,towels,etc). There was also a wardrobe or armoire with a mini fridge built into on the top level. There was also a safe in the wardrobe. The wardrobe was really big you could fit an entire families luggage and clothes into it.On the lower level, there were two twin beds put together as one bed. The bed was comfortable. There was a desk with a flat screen tv on the wall. My room had a small window with a view of the church. The room was dark with okay lighting but I preferred it because it made the room more relaxing. The wifi worked perfectly in the room. There is a restaurant in the hotel but I did not try it. The location is amazing so their are so many places to walk to an eat. I would stay again and again just for the location. I really don't have anything negative to say about the hotel. I was charged a city tax that wasn't charged when I booked the hotel. I knew this when I booked the hotel but just putting that out there so your not surprised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam