We stayed at this hotel at the start of December for a mini break. The location is fantastic, near to all the local attractions, good bus and tram service and the railway station is within walking distance so if you do not have much luggage there is no need for a taxi. We were upgraded to a superior room which was very nice. The beds were really comfortable and the room was very clean and certainly roomy. Good breakfast. We travelled with jet2 and when we arrived at Amsterdam airport sadly our cases did not arrive with us. We waited for quite a while with another eight or more couples who also were on our flight and awaiting the arrival of their suitcases which did not arrive. We were told to leave our details and we would be contacted once they have located all the missing suitcases. By this time we had already lost well over 3 hours at the airport. We made our way to the hotel but this had obviously spoilt the start to our mini break. We waited nearly all day for a call from the airport and we had also tried to phone them anyway with the help of the hotel staff which I cannot thank enough and especially Laura and Norah who were fantastic we eventually got our suitcases back at 10.30 that evening but we had to collect them ourselves from the airport as Jet2 said it was not there policy to deliver suitcases to hotels even though it was their airline that had lost them. I of course was very stressed about it all. So we would just like to say a special big thank you to Laura and Norah who made our stay at the hotel a very pleasant one they were so helpful thank you girls. We would definitely recommend this hotel and when we return to Amsterdam but not with Jet2 we will definitely stay at this hotel again. Excellent all round.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam