We have stayed in this hotel before and so were fully aware of the close proximity to central station and dam square. We emailed the hotel to see about trams and were kindly given the information that we needed and also were happy to jump on the tram after an early flight!
Upon arrival a lovely receptionist greeted us warmly. As we had stayed before we were told we had been upgraded to an executive suite. Fab! So we checked in and we must say out room was very large great view of the roof tops. Separate toilet and bathroom - which also had a large jacuzzi bath - very nice touch. Our bed was king sized and very comfy. Nice large flat screen tv and desk and seating area. The wifi reception on was great for our room also. We had a free safe and also a fridge - not stocked though. Rooms decorated in white and blue Delph style.
Maid service wAs efficient and very good each day of our stay with our bathroom products being replenished also. We had room service which was very quick and also tasty as was the champagne! Rather reasonably priced for a city centre. We had a buffet breakfast and I must say it was one of the best stocked that I have had of late. Breads meats cheeses cereals coffees juice yoghurt pancakes preserves cold fresh fruit and also bacon scrambled and boiled eggs bacon sausage toast baked beans - was very fresh and very tasty. Served at a civilised hour as well 7-11 weekend and 7-1030 on week days.
All in all a great trip and we are planning our next visit and yes, it will be back to this hotel ! Thanks !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam