Hotel is in excellent location, just behind Dam Sq. and 10 minutes walking from central train station. We were upgraded to a twin executive, which had 2 single beds and a window to an interior shaft. The executive room is on average size, so i guess the lower categories are rather small. Breakfast is good. free wifi is fast enough for mobile apps and mails. we asked for a late check out (1 pm instead of noon) and were told it is possible for a supplement of 5 Euro, which felt a bit petty. i think that if the room is available for another hour, its decent to give it free of charge.
staff are very friendly in general.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsNL, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.