This is a great hotel conveniently located in the heart of downtown with a metro station right outside. The food was good and there was a nice variety for breakfast in the morning. A nice little pub attached to the hotel made it perfect for finishing off the evening with a cold beer or a warm coffee and Bailey's.
Although our room was small, it was clean, quiet and well furnished. The bed was very comfortable.
The staff were polite, friendly and helpful. They were always willing to call us a taxi or help us out with questions regarding local attractions.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice quiet place to call home while checking out the sights of Amsterdam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam