I really like this hotel. It's got character and is definitely not a chain, cookie-cutter hotel. The rooms are a little small, but this is prime Amsterdam, so convenient to the best the city has to offer! I enjoyed the hotel's restaurant rather a lot (check out the numbered steaks), and coffee and breakfast in the morning are excellent here as well. The staff are courteous and accommodating, and I would most definitely stay here again. When you consider how excellently placed in Amsterdam this place is, combine that with the fact that it is neither a knock-off hotel nor a cheapie hotel (the rooms are clean), and figure in that the place really has personality, it's a really good accommodation.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, HotelsNL, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.