Hotel Die Port Van Cleve is a boutique hotel right in front of Dam Square (the heart of the city centre) in Amsterdam. Its reception is small and faces the lifts. The rooms to our surprise are extremely small with large french style windows. the toilets are also small. We had booked two rooms as we were a family and were in town for sightseeing.
We were unhappy with the size of the rooms but the location couldn't have been better. There was a restaurant/coffee shop as well but we didn't make use of it. The hotel was surrounded with Indian restaurants, Pizzerias, a big supermarket, cafes and bakeries that serve amazing waffles and fresh breakfast. Just outside was the tram line and at 7 minutes walk was the main train station which had trains to many of the amazing cities in Europe like Antwerp, etc. We even took a ferry from outside to see the canals and historical buildings of the city.
Staying in this hotel at that place, changed our perception that Amsterdam is a place for adults. We were a family and we enjoyed the country side by taking a bus from Dam Square and seeing how Cheese was made. In totality our stay was nice but could have opted for better rooms, even though service was decent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Venere and Otel so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam