The service at the front desk was excellent. The location was admirable, right behind the Royal Palace. The bedroom (Room 125) was spacious and daily cleaning was first class. Despite facing a busy street the room was quiet because of effective double glazing.
Breakfast was most satisfactory. Nearby, 200 yards to the right on exiting the hotel, was a well stocked supermarket.
Would be happy to return.
PS For an expensive fishy meal try Lucius. Easily reached on foot.
Ignore my swimming pool and fitness centre ratings below. Another slip of the thumb.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam