Room on 5th floor. Stairways are steep and narrow steps by American standards so less agile folks may want to use elevator. Rooms typical small size in Europe but clean. Nothing to view outside windows. Air conditioning really needed during this hot & muggy weather and it worked in our room but not in our companions' room. Its not too far from Central station but we took tram as we were pulling luggage, and tram for Dam Square area stops right in front of hotel. Staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is available in dining room but is extra charge. Bar on site and this is worth visiting for the story about Heinken beer and the delft tiles which are the motif of this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, EasyToBook and TripOnline SA so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam