Stayed here in September for three nights , room was like a studio apartment with all the mod cons. We stayed in room 118 which is located at the back of the hotel yards from the fire escape which i was able to nip out for a quick smoke without all the drama of going thru the hotel and climbing stairs etc. Food was great ( try the famous steaks) and staff are more than willing to help with directions ,maps and anything else they can. Trams can be got outside the hotel but to be honest a 5-10 minute walk and your in the middle of all the action. All in all had a great stay here and would not hesitate to go back, in fact im planning a week next time .....
money well spent, Viva le dam :)
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.