The bedding quality in this hotel will make you sleep like a baby. I noticed that the locals use the restaurant in this hotel, and you know if the locals use a hotel, it should be good. Sure enough, the breakfast food quality was top notch. The front desk personnel were very helpful and courteous. The rooms are relatively large, and the quality of the furbishments throughout was excellent, down to details of non slip ceramic flooring in the bath. The hotel looks like a landmark building. Location is central and a few feet from a tram stop. The hotel is within easy walking distance from the central station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam