The location was great. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was big enough for my friend and me. It seemed clean. If I should mention some negative things it would be small cases like there was no minibar, when you took a shower you had to stand in a bathtub (which is very common in hotels I guess), the mechanism for cold/warm water was a bit difficult to make right (suddenly too hot/suddenly too cold) and the elevater was really slow. We used the stairs alot, but since we lived in 4th floor we had to wait some time for the one elevator.
The price and standards for this hotel was really acceptable for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam