This hotel has a very good location in Amsterdam but the hotel itself was disappointing. Our room was small and reminded me of a cabin on a ship. Water pressure in the shower was rather low. Breakfast wasnt included and cost € 19,50 extra p.p a day. Got breakfast in Albert Heijn instead, a supermarket 2 min from the hotel. Dont buy bottled water in the reception! 1 litre cost us € 7. Generally the staff was nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam