This hotel is amazing and I would definitely return to this hotel when coming back to Amsterdam! The staff are all really friendly and helpful - they give you so much information about the best way to travel to places and the best places to go to suit your tastes! Always cheery as well!
The room was absolutely amazing! We were lucky upon arrival to be given room 120 which was the biggest in the hotel and just perfect. We had a massive jacuzzi bath as well as a separate living and sleeping area. When we first entered, we were gob smacked as we didn't even expect it to be half that size - we went with the mentality that we would get a basic room just for sleeping however it was more like a spa resort room! The best was so comfy! Had the best few nights sleep ever! It was like sleeping on a cloud!
Situated right in the centre as well! Perfect location. R square and L square (the main ones) are a £2.90 tram ride away or a 10 min walk. We walked there easily in the day but got the tram at night due to me walking in heels! It is so close to everything.
Would recommend eating at the Irish bar - it is amazing! It's on R square. We had the beef sandwich specialty and it was amazing! Got to have New York pizza when you're there too! Any meal we bought was worth the money as even though in the capital - the meals were huge so defo worth the price!
Grasshopper was a fave coffee shop to sit outside (or in) and just chill. The spag bol there was gorgeous!
Nightlife is great! L square and R square just as good as each other! L square is more close and friendly and smaller bars whereas R square focuses more on the clubs but still has crazy little bars which we loved! Smoky's is good to go as very busy and has lots of drinks deals on.
However, back to the hotel - they let you leave your luggage safely in a room before and after check in. They will do anything to help. They give you a card for the ironing room and have adapter plugs you can borrow. The hotel itself is very pretty and looks amazing inside and out. Couldn't have been happier with our stay here. The room just topped it off as that was just incredible! It always helps when a hotel has such friendly staff as here, as well.
Thank you for an amazing stay!! Loved it and will defo return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam