The story of this hotel property is really cool, but there the elevator was TINY, went very slow, and our luggage could not fit. The hike up the stairs was not pretty. It is in a GREAT location to everything in the city, so highly recommended for that. I don't remember there being air conditioning - could be painful in the summer for some people. The rooms were nice, and I had a balcony that overlooked Amsterdam, so that was gorgeous. The bathrooms were clean.
This wasn't the most affordable hotel for business or leisure travelers. I've stayed in other places in Amsterdam that were far better price-wise. I would recommend this place for a lightly packed business traveler, but don't know that I would recommend it for a leisure traveler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam