We enjoyed our stay at Die Port van Cleve, especially as it is so central within the city. The room was very nice, with plenty of space and a lovely balcony looking onto the city (we suspect it was the only room with a balcony). Staff were helpful and were great at answering any questions we had. The lift was broken down but when it was fixed it was extraordinarily slow so just use the service lift beside it instead. The food in the restaurant was pricey but nice, though we usually went elsewhere to eat. The whole place was clean and well maintained (despite the main lift being broken down, though that wasn't much of a problem as there was an alternative), and overall we really enjoyed our stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam