This hotel is in a great location in Central Amsterdam. When you go out of the hotel, the tram stop is literally outside the building. The Centraal Station is about a 10 minute walk or a 3 minute tram ride. I would suggest that you buy one of the "I Amsterdam" city card so you'll get a free canal cruise, unlimited tram and bus rides, and it even gives you free stuff or discounts at other shops and restaurants. The concierge is very helpful and honest. When I asked them if they exchange foreign currency, they suggested that we go to the market since they have better rates and doesn't charge fees. The rooms are small though but you're never in there anyway, At least I wasn't and if you are in your room the whole time and you're on vacation, then you've got serious issues! I would definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, EasyToBook, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam