First thing that strikes you is the beautiful building I have stayed all over Amsterdam but this is by far the best place we have stayed.As we were coming to Amsterdam to smoke as much good marijuana and hash as possible we struck gold by getting a smoking room in the hotel which is very rare in Amsterdam nowadays.Homegrown Fantasy is right across the street and Grey Area is a stoned stumble away as well, Dam square is a minute away to.
I read some dodgy reviews about the smoking rooms in this place but i was very happy with mine with a great street view to stare out at and take in the madness.I cant praise this place enough and will be staying here every time from now on. Did i mention they have smoking rooms.... the package we got online was an amazing price as well for such a great located hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam