“3 star with 5 star prices” 2 of 5 stars
Review of NH Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky

You added NH Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky to your Saves list
NH Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dam, 9, 1012 JS Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Formerly NH Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky) (Binnenstad)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
€15 for your next stay
Ranked #99 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Cork
“3 star with 5 star prices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

My boyfriend and I booked the Krasnapolsky for us and our 2 friends. We booked it with priceline so we got the rooms for a very reasonable price. I had seen the actual prices on their own website, and on staying there, I'm incredibly disappointed. It was mediocre at best. The room was small, the bathroom was tiny, even the interior, which granted isn't that big a deal, was old and outdated. The chairs were ripped and the doors were cupboard doors... The noise was unbelievable, but thankfully we were out 'til quite late ourselves so when we got back we fell asleep easily!! The price for breakfast, dinner etc. is quite expensive, although the bar is about the same as everywhere else. Bring a lot of money if you want to drink alcohol at all. A vodka and orange juice cost me 12 euro!!!!! The Location was fantastic, so if you can get it for 80 or so a night, it will do. Worth little more than that though. It's just not a 5 star, unless of course you're paying the big bucks, in which case I'm sure the rooms would be just lovely.
If you want to go shopping, take a whole day for it. LOTS of shops and very very busy, so it takes longer than you would think :) and the cyclists WILL hit you if you get in their way!!!
you can get tram tickets in some of the little newsagents, and they work out a lot cheaper than buying them on the trams themselves.
Also, there is a free tour that begins in Dam square at 11ish, and it's well worth doing.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

location is brilliant, right in the centre of amsterdam
queues to check in were ridiculous, plenty of staff on but most of them didnt seem
to be doing much. No air conditioning in the room, it was impossible to sleep with the heat. Would expect more from a 5 star hotel. Breakfast costs an extortionate 28.50 euros per person, cant justify that! Also most of the lights in our room didnt work. Beds are really uncomfortable

Leeds, Yorkshire, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

Got the hotel through Lastminute.com as one of its 'top secret hotels". Paid $153 (€173) which was a good price of a nice hotel in a central location. Room was clean and spacious but stuck at the back of the hotel in rooms I suspect are reserved for conference guests. Staff were friendly and helpful but there were ques at the front desk at times. Breakfast in the Winter Garden was good but not exceptional and cost (with discount) £19 (€22). Food in the restaurant was good but again not exceptional and pricey. This is a 3 to 4 star hotel, certainly not 5 star. In conclusion, for what I paid I got a clean and well appointed room in a hotel with ideal location. I was happy with my buy but if I'd paid anything like full price expecting 5 star luxury I would have been disappointed..

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

I was sceptical about staying at this hotel considering some of the negative feedbacks. However, I can say that we had a lovely time here. All the standard rooms were fully booked so we were upgraded for free in the 'Amsterdam Wing' of the hotel, which appears to be the most newest part of the hotel. The room was lovely and spacious and well equipped. The bed was very comfortable, so nice that we slept in every morning!
We had to wait about ten minutes when we arrived, but then there are cues wherever you go, so not sure why people keep going on about having to wait. The hotel had four members of staff on at the time and we never arrived until after10pm. So I think that this is pretty good. Location is also superb, I would for sure return to this hotel.

London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

Absolutely the worst hotel experince I have had in 40 years of travelling. To talk about everything that went wrong would take way too long; but these are the highlights:
- room not ready for check in until 5.45pm
- asked the desk manager for a quiet room; he assured me it was. When I was shown to the room, I was unhappy with it and went back to the front desk to be told that they couldn't move me.
- the disco over the road played music so loud until 4.00am that rest, let alone sleep, was impossible. The desk manager had to know about the disco but, of course failed to mention it to me.
- the check in lines were endless; there is no indication as to how customers are to queue so that you can be in line for 15 minutes and another customer will go straight up to the counter and will be helped.
- I had prepaid in full and yet was presented with a bill for the room

I could go on but you get the picture. Never again! The worst run hotel with the worst staff.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
sjn419
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

my sister and I asked them if we could use the minibar fridge to store our own drinks/food so they came and cleaned out the fridge. Long story short, I found out they charged us for everything that was in the minibar and refused to refund the money. Crooks.

Stayed March 2007
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

Stayed for 3 night bed and breakfast in this hotel. Cannot fault it at all. Friendly staff when checking in and out. Bedroom large with huge comfortable bed. Tea/coffee making facilities, mini bar, trouser press and flat screen tv. What more could you ask for and the breakfast in the winter garden was fabulous all the food you could think of and more. Fresh salmon, mackeral, eggs benedict, cereal, fruit juice, yoghurts, cheese, bacon, hash brown, ham and several different types of bread. Hotel right in the middle of dam square and within walking distance to everywhere, 10 minutes takes you to the station and red light district. Plenty of shops and restaurants all around. What I would say is if you book this hotel get breakfast included as it will cost you 25 euro per person if you dont. Would definately recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to NH Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about NH Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky

Address: Dam, 9, 1012 JS Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Formerly NH Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky)
Location: The Netherlands > North Holland Province > Amsterdam > Binnenstad , Dam Square , Red Light District
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access
#56 Luxury Hotel in Amsterdam
#70 Romantic Hotel in Amsterdam
#79 Business Hotel in Amsterdam
#80 Family Hotel in Amsterdam
Hotel Class:5 star — NH Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky 5*
The NH Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky hotel in Amsterdam is located in the very heart of the city, right on the central Dam square near many major tourist and business attractions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Venere, BookIt.com, NHHotels, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Agoda, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your NH Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Nh Hotels Amsterdam
Nh Hotel Amsterdam
Nh Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky

If you own or manage NH Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.